37) What Now?

Ash's POV

"Thanks for the ride home, Danny. I don't mind if you join the hunt." Danny nods and takes off after getting me inside my condo.

"I'm back." I shout in the condo. Just when it seems like I have the place to myself, Lea and Nat walk out from my bedroom.

"What were you two doing in my room?"

"Nothing." They both say.

"Lea, could you help to my room?" I ask.

"Uhhhh sure? Yeah of course." I shuffle to Lea and wrap my arm around her shoulder while she wraps hers around my waist. We slowly but surely make our way to my room.

'It still looks the same.'

I have Lea take me to the bathroom. Lea turns to leave when I reach my hand out to stop her.

"I'm sorry, Lea. I'm so fucking sorry. I didn't mean what I said yesterday; I didn't know you felt my pain. I just didn't want you to see me as weak especially after everything we've been through." Tears fall hot and heavy from Lea's eyes to my outstretched hand.

"Apology accepted. I'll never see you as weak. Never. I love you."

"Love you too. I'm gonna take a bath. Could make me something to eat?"

"Sure." Lea exits and my heart feels lighter. I draw the water for a bath.

'Thank goodness I had that Jacuzzi tub installed ages ago. It'll come in handy for more than just sex this time.'

I lower my aching body in the water when everything's just right. I soak first letting the frustrations slip away. I fumble around in the basket by the faucet and find a wash cloth and an Altoids case.

'Hallelujah! Another way to relax. I have no clue how it'll react with my pain meds. Buttfuck it! I'll do it anyway.'

I open the case to reveal four neatly rolled jays and a small lighter. Even after being here for awhile, they stink so good. I light one after the other until I'm well rested. I wash up and climb out the tub. It's a bit awkward at first because I'm high and down a limb but I make it. I wrap a fluffy towel around me and hop to my bedroom. I dress quickly and comfortably in a plain grey t-shirt, boxer briefs, and cargo shorts.

Someone lightly knocks on my door. I call for them to come in. It's Nat with my lunch and meds.

"Thanks."

"No problem, lil playa. How are you feelin?"

"Good. I smoked a bit so I'm hella chill right now."

"I bet you are. Eat quick then sleep. Tonight's going to be rough."

"Why's that?"

"Because everyone's hunting for Krista and Co tonight."

"Right. I forgot to mention to Lea. Tell her to straighten Dad's room; he's breaking out tonight. Shit, he's probably on his way now."

"Shit. Alright." I hand Nat the empty plate after I've scarfed down everything. I lean back on my bed as I feel the drugs work.

'Hopefully Sister Sensi and big pharma work together to give me a good night's sleep. I don't think I can handle anymore nightmares.'

Gray's POV

'Wasn't much of a breakout. I basically walked out the back door. In fact, I did. Here comes my ride, good ol' Danny Boy.'

"Boss."

"Did you get them?"

"No, no one's home. I think they pulled a runner."

"That's too bad for them because I'm a fucking bloodhound especially if you come after my kids. They're the only good I put in the world."

"I know. We have a lead though."

"Good. What is it?"

"We've been tracking her car by hacking her car theft system. Her car is on the way to Canada. They have a four hour head start."

"Perfect. The game is on. Let's go!"

Author's Note: Only two chapters left.