filter | park jimin

Y/N POV

My boyfriend, Park Jimin, hasn't been himself these days.

He's the type of boyfriend who would get jealous easily, and I used to find it so cute.

But it got worse.

He wouldn't even let me hang out with my friends without accusing me of seeing other men.

And eventually, I realised that this relationship was toxic.

He was toxic.

So today, I have decided to end everything.

I have decided to break up with him.

After packing my stuff, I waited for him to get home from work. I texted him to hurry back as soon as possible.

I snap out of my thoughts because I hear someone enter the apartment.

I look up to see Jimin standing a few metres away from me.

"Yes, baby? You wanted me to come home as soon as possible. Did you want to say something?", Jimin bombarded me with questions.

"Uhm... I-I.." The words couldn't come out of my mouth because I was terrified of how he would react.

"Spit it out, y/n."

"I-I want to break up with you."

Jimin's face filled with horror, with tears building up in his eyes. "b-but why? No, please don't break up with me. I need you!"

"You're toxic! This relationship is toxic! At one moment you're sweet, at another you're screaming your lungs out at me!", y/n yelled out.

There was a moment of silence.

Then suddenly, Jimin started laughing.

maniacally.

It started to scare me, "Jimin... Are you okay?"

Jimin laughed even harder. I stood up from my seat, backing up into the wall behind me, with a look of fear written all over my face.

His laughter eventually died down, "did you really think you could leave me?", Jimin spoke as he slowly walked towards me.

I looked down, tears building up in my eyes.

"Answer me, you ungrateful bitch."

"I-I-"

"I did everything for you. I beat up every man who laid their eyes on you. I loved you with all my heart. And all I get in return is you breaking up with me?", he said, with a psychotic smile on his face. "You're not breaking up with me." he gritted, his smile faded into a frown with a glare on his face.

"You never let me see my friends! You never even let me see my family! I can't stick to only you! I need a life too!"

I had to make a decision on what to do.

And I decided to run.

Bad idea.

I tried to run past him, but he was quick enough to stick his foot out, making me fall onto the ground.

I cried in pain, as he walked towards me.

He forcefully grabbed my chin, now making eye contact with me.

His eyes held fury, he then gritted out, "You can never escape my grasp. If you want friends, you can talk to me, and only me. Pick a filter, darling. I can be anyone you want in life, and I'm all you need in life. You need only me. You don't need anyone else. And if you're finding someone else, I won't hesitate to murder them. You belong to me."

He let go of my chin, now having a warm smile on his face, pretending as if he didn't just threaten me.

He hugged me, and said, "I love you."

I sat there, in his embrace, shaking out of fear, too terrified to speak.

He harshly tugged on my hair and said, "Say it back."

I winced in pain and mumbled, "I-I love you too, Jimin."

He pulled away, pecked my forehead, and walked away.

I started to cry, thinking, "What have I gotten myself into?" repeatedly.

END.