and nobody knows,

───────────────────────

─── entry eleven

i have a secret that i don't plan to tell anyone anytime soon.

maybe some day in the future, i'll mention it to midoriya, but i don't think i can face him with the information i have right now. i couldn't tell him even if i wanted to with how much regret i hold. it feels like a heavy weight on my chest and acid in my throat. no matter how much i spit out, there's always some that's stuck, and it's eating at my stomach.

maybe talking would help. but i can't do that. because nobody knows what y/n was even doing at the flower shop. nobody knows the reason she was there, except me.

i know the reason why.

and that's when i feel the acid.

─── shouto.

────────────

"TODOROKI SHOUTO?" the paled boy stood stiffly, nervously fidgeting as he walked into the principal's office.

y/n's mom— ms. l/n was seated in one of the chairs and principal nezu gestured for the nervous boy to sit in the other. he did so, silently and stared down at his fingers. he took a still breath, not lifting his head, even as nezu began to speak.

"todoroki! ms. l/n here would like to have a small talk, if you don't mind?"

todoroki couldn't say he did— that would be rude. he nodded without a word and he thought the principal said something about giving them some privacy as the door shut.

"todoroki," teary eyes of y/n's mother stared right at him, so intense he wanted to look away. "so you're the boy with the pretty eyes."

he didn't know how to respond to that, so he continued to stare, slightly frowning to let her know he was confused.

"i know my daughter never actually spoke to you. i apologize, this must be weird. but, she would've really liked getting to know you." ms. l/n pulled her hands to her chest and looked down, tears rolling down her cheeks with a sad laugh.

oh, no. nonono

"i think she had somewhat of a crush on you. she would talk about 'that boy from class 1-a with the pretty eyes and nice smile.' she was so scared to tell me your name, but i found a couple papers in her room, and i just... i thought you would maybe want them?"

todoroki's throat was suddenly sore.

his chest felt heavier than before and he had to look down; everytime he blinked, his vision would blur and his cheeks would be stained wet. the boy nodded and cleared his throat, "yes, please,"

ms. l/n pulled the papers from her purse and slowly handed them to todoroki. she held one in her grip tightly and said, "this is the one i found on her desk before she went out last week."

todoroki accepted the paper and held his breath as he read over the words. it didn't take much for him to realize all of it was his fault. the regret made him feel nauseous, his head ached.

y/n was at the flower shop to get flowers for the strange boy in class 1-a with the pretty eyes; the one she always caught staring.

she just wanted to get him some flowers.

────────────