Chapter One:

Chapter One:

"I heard you laughing in a crowd outside a restaurant we used to go to. I caught a glimpse of that stopped me in my tracks. It took me back. You looked happy with that girl up on your shoulders, happy. I know where she got those crystal eyes of blue. Time's been sweet to you."

Andy reached over and hit the next button on her phone already over the song that reminded her of a past that she still was trying her hardest to forget. The song that always made her wonder where he is. It brings back all of the emotions that she felt when she walked him walk away.

"I think that sometimes we're tough on our children because we don't want them to end up the way that we did. We don't want them to face the pains and the heartbreaks that we faced. We don't want them to make mistakes, only they have to make mistakes to grow. They have to live and learn, and they have to get hurt. They have to be free spirits and fall in love with the wrong people. That way they'll know when they find love, and I mean real, all consuming love, that they hold it close." Andy practiced her lines to perfection in front of her mirror, and she almost felt like she was seventeen again as she did it.

She started acting again two years ago when she was offered the chance to play her daughter, Carson's, mother in a family drama. It was a job that Andy couldn't turn down, especially when Carson had begged her. She had always had a problem saying no to her youngest daughter. 

Things were rough for everyone after Carson had been born. Andy and Niall were criticized by the media. It had been called 'The Scandal of the Year.' 

Olivia had a hard time coping with the fact that her parents had split up, and now she had to share her mother with another girl. A girl who was, to everyone except for Andy and Niall, a mistake. Olivia and Andy had grown apart over the years, and Andy honestly couldn't remember the last conversation she had with her oldest child.

She could, however, clearly remember their falling out. She remembered Olivia yelling and herself crying. 

Harry had to deal with the pity stares watching the woman that he still loved more than his own life love someone else. He had to deal with a teenage girl who missed her mother but refused to admit it. He also had to deal with the fact that Olivia and Arran were both getting made fun of at school because of their parent's mistakes.

"That was good, Mum. You'll get the part for sure." A young Carson Horan complimented her mother from the doorway to her parent's bathroom.

Andy and Niall were still together, but the pair refused to get married. At least, Andy refused to marry him until she and Olivia had made up. She didn't want to get married without her best friend in the world by her side. 

Last she had heard, Harry had moved on and on and on, and had settled down with Bree. She had read somewhere that he had popped the question a few weeks ago but was pushing for a long engagement.

It was bittersweet to hear because she wanted him to be happy. It just hurt to see him happy with someone who wasn't her.

It also hurt to know that Olivia supported the engagement. She had grown to adore Bree and Bella after she got over the fact that they're the reason for her broken family. Instead of blaming them like she had in the past, she turned to blaming her mother instead.

"Thank you, baby." Andy smiled, and really smiled, at her daughter who was looking at her with such admiration it made Andy's heart swell. "Where's you dad?" She questioned.

Niall hadn't been there when she had woken up, and he hadn't mentioned having to work today. She had assumed that he had just disappeared into his office, but when she had gone to take him some coffee, he was nowhere to be found.