Chapter Five:

Chapter Five:

Harry's Point of View:

I was standing in front of Olivia waiting patiently for whatever it was that she had to say. She kept opening her mouth and closing it again, and I could see that she was losing her nerve.

"What is it, Liv? I should be packing." I reminded my daughter that I had things to do besides watch her fight with herself all day.

"I want to record a song. I want you to help me." She blurted out, and her green eyes widened as if she really didn't mean for the words to actually come out of her mouth.

This had caught my attention. I had practically been begging Olivia to let me help her record a song since she first started singing. Of course, it made me wonder what had made her change her mind. I guess she could see that in my expression, because she launched into an explanation.

"It's just, we've been talking so much about you and Mum and Carson and if we're a family." She tried but quickly shook her head as if she was shaking the thought away. "You told me once that singing and writing songs was a way to say something that you didn't know how to say. I have something to say, and I don't know how to say it." She finished, still looking at me with those big green eyes.

"Go get your guitar. I want to hear it before I make any promises. We'll make a demo first, and I'll send it around. See if we can get someone to take you on." I smirked at her.

She ran out of my bedroom without another word, and I took the few moments of peace as a chance to finally start packing for New York where I was going to be meeting with potential clients at our American office.

Before I could even put the first shirt in my bed, Olivia raced back in with her guitar in hand. She didn't waste any time and took a seat on my bed and started strumming. 

"Sometime you could hear a pin drop or the ticking of the clock. Between the surface conversation, no matter what they were saying. They never talked.

Sometimes I would hear 'em screaming, when they thought I was sleeping. They'd just fight about whatever. I don't know if they ever had a reason." She sang in her beautiful voice, and I think I felt my heart break between the lyrics.

The song was about Andy and me, and the way that Olivia grew up with us constantly fighting. I had to fight the tears as she continued.

"Am I the product of a problem that I couldn't change? Got his eyes, got her hair. So do I get their mistakes?

I know that you can't walk across a bridge that's already burned, so. What am I supposed to do? I can't help that they chose to breathe it in, but I don't wanna choke on that secondhand smoke."

She continued, and I could feel her watching me. She was waiting to see what my reaction would be, but I couldn't meet her eyes. Not when mine were rimmed with tears.

"Sometimes I hear myself saying hand-me-down words. It's so easy to forget that he ain't him, and I ain't her. 

And when I think the fighting has to end in goodbye, I wanna prove me wrong, but I'm scared I'll prove me right." 

"Cause I know that you can't walk across a bridge that's already burned, so what am I supposed to do?, I can't help that they chose to breathe it in, but I don't wanna choke on that secondhand smoke.

Oh, no.

Will I be better, find forever, be the one to shake the habit, break away from broken things, and rise above the ashes?

I know that you can't walk across a bridge that's already burned, so what am I supposed to do? I can't help they chose to breath it in, but I don't wanna choke. No, I ain't gonna choke on that secondhand smoke.