Y/n and Ash's third gym battle, the steel trail begins

Hey guys, about the trail type choice last chapter, i forgot Y/n already has the Icium Z. My bad, now let's get to the chapter.

Our heroes reached Vermilion city, but first they head to the Pokemon center to rest from their long journey.

When they reached there, they found many Pokemon severely injured, which included a Pidgey of some reason as the Vermilion gym is a electric type gym . 

They heard from Nurse Joy that the gym leader, Lt surge is always ruthless to his challengers and he won't hold back no matter how many times she tells him to. 

Y/n took Ash for some training despite the latter wanting to challenge the gym right away, but Y/n told him that he needs to train unless he want's his Pokemon to get hurt.

Half and hour later

Our heroes are now at the gym, they met Lt surge and Y/n could honestly say his annoyed with him, calling them babies is bound to make anyone angry, but Y/n who was first stayed calm got a Pokeball ready.

"Raichu crush him" Surge called out the evolved mouse Pokemon and his ace. 

"Raichu the mouse Pokemon. And the evolved form of Pikachu. A electric type. Raichu's tail functions as a ground and releases electricity into the surface,which keeps it from shocking itself." Y/n's Pokedex beeped. 

Y/n raised a eyebrow at the sight of the mouse Pokemon, so this is what a kantonian Raichu looked like?

"Regigigas battle time!" Y/n called out the colossal Pokemon, who appeared causing a short but large quake.

"Woah! Look at the size of it!" Ash cried out shocked. The others were also taken back by Regigigas's size. 

While taken back by the colossal Pokemon's size, Surge shook it off and called out. "Mega punch!"

"Block it!" Y/n called out

Regigias easily block the attack, before Surge called out a thunderbolt. Regigigas took the hit, but was unfazed by the attack.

"Mega kick!" 

"Block it!"

Once again the attack was blocked. 

"Body slam!" 

Once again blocked, everyone was confused on why his's always on defense.

Suddenly Regigigas roared, causing Y/n to smirk as it was time. 

"Ice Punch!" Y/n commanded.

 Before Raichu could react, Regigigas swung a ice covered fist at Raichu. Said Pokemon wasn't able to react in time before it was sent flying back at Surge.

"What happened?" Surge asked in confusion, the others were just as confused.

Smirking, Y/n decided to explain. It's Regigigas's ability slow start, when it battles it's attack and speed is cut in half for a while." Y/n explained. "Once sometime passes, Regigigas's full power is unleashed "

"Earthquake!" Y/n called out.

Regigigas stomped the ground causing it to shake violently, Raichu wasn't able to get away in time and was hit, kicking up a dust cloud.  

When it died down, Raichu was down and out.

Y/n recalled Regigigas as his friends cheered, Surge congratulated Y/n before giving him the thunder badge.

Now it was Ash's turn, Surge sent out a Magneton, while Ash sent out Pikachu.

"Magneton the magnet Pokemon.  And the evolved form of Magnemite. Its anti-gravitational powers allow it to float,and it can emit powerful magnetic and electric fields." Ash's Pokedex beeped.