Prologue

You weren't a girl like all the others.
It's known, each has its own character defined by many strengths and flaws; everyone would do everything to achieve their goal in life.

Just twenty years old, you lived in Collingswood, New Jersey, and loved your family; your parents were well known in the city, since your father was a doctor and owner of a clinic, while your mother was a designer and was particularly involved in 'interior design'. When they learned that their daughter would follow the father's footsteps, they couldn't be more proud.
The days were never boring when your younger brother was present: a reckless teenager, the opposite of his older sister; despite his jokes and complaints, you loved each other.

Furthermore, with your friends you could feel yourself without the need to wear a mask, a bit like what happened when you were with your family.
The days passed as light and quiet as a summer breeze until a dark fog appeared before you.

There was nothing left.

Your disappearance had shaken everyone and nobody could understand what had happened; it was said that a psychopath had hurt you, or that you had fled for some reason, inexplicable in the eyes of your acquaintances. Your family didn't give up and kept looking for you, but to no avail.

Whoever had been to kidnap you, he hadn't reason to do it.

Even you couldn't understand what had happened; there was no longer the neighborhood you had known since you were a child and no one around you.
Until a small light appeared in the distance.
You tried to reach it; you were beginning to feel the ground under your feet and the environment was materializing; you discovered you were in a kind of forest.
The small light turned into a fire; around, there were people who, silent, watched the flame. They turned as soon as they noticed the new presence.

There was something wrong with that place and you would soon find out.

A deadly nightmare, from which one couldn't go out so easily.