Level VII

Y/n's POV:

I felt hate, hate towards this reality. My life was trapped inside this vicious circle of violence and depravity, with no way out.

Dying would be the easiest and least painful way...what would I have left when I would no longer be able to remember my parents' faces? What about my younger brother? Would he forget his missing sister once he became an adult?

Few people had managed to make me smile again thinking that there might still be some humanity in such a place...but now, even that was impossible.

The exit was in front of me, but I couldn't cross it. Not anymore. My every attempt was in vain.
It was clear that the Entity didn't want to let me escape...it wanted to prevent me from running away from him.

Michael Myers was staring at me outside the gate and, with my every move, he would go in pursuit. Anyway, I couldn't stay there waiting for him so I ran towards the heart of the forest scratching myself all over to create an escape route.

My heart was pounding from being out of breath. Despite all my fears, I still hadn't stopped fighting for my life; every second had become important to me and I certainly couldn't waste it to catch my breath.

I didn't know which direction to go and everything seemed the same and had the sensation of turning around the same point.
Luckily, he wasn't following me...or maybe, he was hiding in the dark and it was just me who couldn't see him. The sound of rain was the only thing audible there, along with the sound of my footsteps as I stepped on the wet ground.

After a long run, I stopped. The house where I had been with Jake earlier wasn't very far from me, but it didn't reassure me to go in there now; if I had to face Michael, I would have preferred to do it in the open air, where I would have had more chance of escape.
Before starting to walk again I turned to look over my shoulder...but there was nothing.

Suddenly, something like a metallic noise caught my attention. It wasn't very strong, but every step I took its intensity changed; and just when the sound got deafening, I finally saw it...

- - -

The hatch was right there, open, in front of your eyes. The last chance to escape. A glimmer of hope hit your eyes and, without thinking too much, you ran towards it.

《I can get out of here!》  You screamed inside as the adrenaline rush gave another boost to your tired legs.

You prepared to jump inside that dark hole, convinced that it would take you back to the camp, where your companions were waiting for you...

But maybe it was just fate. Albeit terrible...without even having time to react, you were dragged and thrown away from the hatch...when you lifted your face from the ground, it was already closed.

The worst part was that you weren't alone anymore. You were left on the ground, trembling like a leaf, forced to hear his heavy breathing. You couldn't see him, but you knew he was there staring at you silently. There was no doubt that he had been the one to close the hatch.

You didn't know why you were lying on the ground, maybe because you wanted to avoid looking him in the eye. However, Michael grabbed you again and violently slammed you against a tree trunk. His hand pressed against your throat to keep you from moving.

At this point, the realm should have dissolved and separated you two permanently, but it was evident that things turned differently...the Shape seemed determined to upset your miserable existence, to the point of convincing the Entity to let him do what he wanted.