Chapter 1 - Mey-Rin's Sickness

About a week after they visited the Trancy manor, Ciel had spoken to Alois quite a bit, and decided that Alois would visit the Phantomhive manor, instead of his manor, from now on. The two young lords figured that it would be better off that way, considering they didn't want another repeat of what had happened. Today, Mey-Rin was doing her usual work of sweeping, and cleaning the floors, and doing the dishes, and Ciel's laundry. Of course, she had her beloved Sebastian's help, too.
"My, my, what a large portion of laundry we have today. Do you need my help, dear?", Sebastian asked Mey-Rin, as he gently placed his hand on her shoulder, lovingly.
"Oh! Actually, that would be great, yes it would!", Mey-Rin replied, with a grateful smile.
"Alright, then. Let's work together now", Sebastian stated, as the two of them began to sort out the different clothing, and sort out the detergent. Of course, Sebastian did the detergent, since Mey-Rin often can't read up close too well. The maid's farsightedness was always a burden to her work, but she always did well enough to satisfy the young lord.
"Oh, gosh.. my stomach's really acting up", Mey-Rin said, her voice sounding very small, and weary.
"Are you alright, my dear?", Sebastian asked, sympathetically, as he placed the back of his hand to her head, and felt for any fever.
"Oh, goodness me! You're running a fever that's high as hell!", Sebastian exclaimed, his face starting to fill with worry.
Mey-Rin gently nodded, and cleared her throat, and tried to continue her work, but Sebastian had an intuition that Mey-Rin was indeed not okay, and that she shouldn't be doing any more activities, until she felt better.
"My love, you really shouldn't continue. Please do me a favor, and don't keep doing chores. I just felt your forehead, and you are definitely not holding a regular body temperature", Sebastian pleaded, as he softly pulled her away from her work.
"Sebasti-.. Sebastian, I-", Mey-Rin was trying to speak, but kept getting cut off, by gagging.
"What? What is it, my dear?", Sebastian asked, frantically.
"I'm fine..", Mey-Rin said, and suddenly she gagged. Sebastian held onto her hair, considering he knew she was about to hurl. Mey-Rin then grabbed a nearby bucket as fast as she could, and threw up into it, as Sebastian held her red locks of hair back, for her.
"Oh, Mey-Rin.. you really do too much around this place, all the time", Sebastian commented, his voice sympathetic, and filled with worry.

After Sebastian threw the bucket out, he came back inside, and found that Mey-Rin was laying on her stomach, in their bed, obviously looking very tired out, and pale.
"Oh, my dear, Mey-Rin.. I hope you're feeling okay", Sebastian whispered to her, as she rested in their bed, looking pitifully sick.
"I promise.. I'll be okay, Sebastian..", Mey-Rin replied to him, looking at him with dull eyes, as she gently closed them and dozed off.
"I'll go get the young lord..", Sebastian said, as he quickly exited the room, in search of Ciel.
He had soon found him in his study, reading a book, and looking sort of perplexed, scratching his head.
"Young master", Sebastian spoke up, as he entered the room, and walked up to his desk.
"Yes, Sebastian?", Ciel replied, looking up from his book.
"Mey-Rin just got extremely sick while she was working. I was helping her with some cleaning, and she suddenly turned pale, and started throwing up. She made it into a bucket, and I threw it out. However, she is in our room, right now, and she isn't looking good at all", Sebastian explained, looking down at the ground, in a downcast manner.
"Hmh.. that's not normal.. she's never just randomly gotten sick like that", Ciel stated, his brows furrowing in confusion.

Ciel then got up from his chair, and walked around Sebastian, and out of the room, as Sebastian followed behind. Soon, the two of them had arrived at Sebastian, and Mey-Rin's room. They found her fast asleep in their bed, now, but she was evidently sweating, and she was incredibly pale, almost the color of milk.
"Sebastian..", Ciel said, with a grim tone, almost having an angry edge to his voice.
"Y-yes, my lord..?", Sebastian replied, with a gulp.
"You know what this is, correct..?", Ciel went on, as he crossed his arms.
"I-I... no..?", Sebastian replied, starting to become frightened.
"Oh, Sebastian.. You need to know."