"What is it?" I asked her, scared of what might she be up to now.

"Do you want me to beat this bitch up or do you want to do the honors?" She asked me as she showed me her phone.

It was a personal message which read 'Do I smell something here?' Followed by an image of Adrian and me hugging in the school corridors. See, the spark that I was talking about. Looks like it was someone who liked to stir up some drama. And legends a.k.a. me, have it that there's only one person who enjoyed watching the drama unfold in high school. But this time we were definitely not giving her that satisfaction.

"She needs to stop whatever she's trying to do here." I sneered, my breaths coming out in pants because of how vexed I was with Jessica's action. "It's not what it looks like. I swear, Lydia, that hug didn't mea-"

"Will you shut up?" She asked with an annoyed tone as she put her palm against my mouth. "And who are you trying to explain? Me? C'mon Leah. We have been friends long before Adrian came into my life. I wouldn't let anyone, not even the guy that I love, come between our friendship." And fuck, I couldn't keep the tears that spilled out of my eyes.

I sniffled as I wiped the tears. "The guy you love, huh?" I wiggled my eyebrows at her as I let out a chuckle. She turned bright red as I caught her word slip.

"And here I thought it was obvious to you." She wrinkled her nose at me and laughed.

"But on a serious note, I just helped out Adrian with something and in return, he hugged me. That was it."

"I trust you guys, Leah." She hugged me tightly. "Plus I know Adrian isn't your type."

"And how can you be so sure about that?" I asked her as I slung my arm around her shoulder.

"You certainly don't go for blondes. And green eyes are definitely not your thing. Maybe blue eyes are what you'd go for, eh?" She said and immediately a set of crinkled blue eyes appeared in front of my eyes and my insides tightened.

And it was my cue to divert our conversation as we were entering the forbidden territory.

"Give me your phone." I put my palm out for her to place the phone. Unlocking it, I started typing out the reply to be sent to the bitch herself.

'Jessi, not only your mouth needs cleaning but your brain does too. Shit got to your brain. Oh, wait, your brain was already in shit. Nonsense! You don't even have a brain in the first place. Silly me.' I hit the send and heard Lydia chuckle as she leaned her head on my shoulder.

"Whoa. Should I expect a girl on girl now?" The owner of those crinkled blue eyes spoke from his window, referring to how we were snuggled up to each other.

"Just get him laid, Leah." Lydia laughed at my horrified expression as I let go off her.

"I'd very much like that Lydia. But your friend here wouldn't agree." My neighbour spoke up.

"Oh, she'll bang you, alright. It's just a matter of time."

And don't even ask me the shade of red that I'd turned into.

"You're right. After all, how long will she be able to resist this hot neighbour of her-"

He fell down on the floor as a backpack flew in his direction hitting him on his face.

Courtesy of yours truly.

"Shit. Ethan, are you okay?" Lydia rushed to my balcony as I pumped my fist in the air.

"You idiot, go check on him. He isn't moving." Lydia grabbed my shoulders and shook them, rather violently.

"He'll manage. Let me go and grab something to eat." I started walking out of my room but a hold on the back of my shirt pulled me towards my balcony.