Chapter 1: First Day of the College

Do vote and comment ❤️❤️

"Maya!" my mother's voice echoed from downstairs.
"I'm coming, Mama," I called back, rushing down the stairs. Excitement bubbled inside me—it was my first day of college! I had always loved studying, though I knew some lectures would be boring. But this was different; I was finally starting my degree in fashion design. In three years, I'd graduate with a degree and a job, and I couldn't be happier.

(Hey there, Maya here! I'm a book lover, and yes, it's true—books are your best friends. But besides books, my world revolves around my amazing parents. I have the coolest, most supportive mom and dad anyone could ask for, and I love them dearly. Then, there's the "devil" of my life—Aditi, my best friend. She's always by my side, through the good and the bad. I wouldn't trade her for the world.)

I kissed my mother on the cheek and sat down at the table, eagerly waiting for breakfast. Just as I was about to take a bite, there was a knock at the door. My mother smiled knowingly.
"It must be your partner in crime," she teased.

I opened the door to see Aditi bursting in and throwing her arms around me.
"Maya, my love! Aren't you excited for our first day of college?" she squealed.
I hugged her tightly, smiling at her usual dramatic entrance, and pulled her over to sit with me for breakfast.
"Of course, I'm excited," I replied, grinning.

"Are you two ready for the big day?" my mother asked.
"All set, Aunty! I can't wait to see the college!" Aditi chimed in, her eyes sparkling with excitement.

I had to laugh at her enthusiasm. Aditi was talking like she would study all year, but I knew better. She'd end up calling me the night before exams, asking for the most important questions to pass.

After breakfast, we headed off to college. It was finally happening—our first day.

As we walked toward the entrance, a hand suddenly stopped us. I looked up and met a pair of intense brown eyes.
"Are you both new here?" a handsome guy asked, flashing a smirk.
(AN: Don't worry, this isn't our main hero!)
"Yes," we both answered in unison.

"What's your name, baby girl?" the guy asked smoothly.

I noticed a group of guys behind him, leaning against their bikes. It was obvious they were the typical college bad boys. I knew that if I gave him my name or started a conversation, they'd think I was easy to get. I didn't want to cause any trouble or disrespect my parents' name, so I decided to play it smart.
"Better luck next time," I said confidently, taking Aditi's hand and walking away quickly.

I could hear them teasing us as we walked, but I chose to ignore them.
"Why didn't you let me tell the hottie my name?" Aditi complained, pouting. I shot her a look.

Aditi, like me, had never had a boyfriend, but unlike me, she was eager to give love a try. I silently prayed that when she did fall in love, it would be with someone who truly cared for her—and that I'd be lucky enough to find the same.

We soon reached our classroom, and the teacher arrived to introduce herself and go over the basics. Honestly, it was the most boring thing in the world. Once it was finally over, we were free to leave.

As we walked out into the corridor, I spotted that same group of boys from earlier. I didn't give them a single glance and kept walking, even though I could hear them teasing me again.
"She broke our boy's heart by not even telling him her name!" one of them shouted.

Pointless comments. I'm used to it. After all, I've always stayed away from boys—I know they only bring trouble. What's the point of getting into a relationship if it's only going to end with a broken heart, one that may never heal?

We said our goodbyes and headed home.

Stay tuned, my lovelies! I know this was a short chapter, but hang in there! Things will get much more exciting when the main leads finally fall in love in Chapters 5-6. You won't want to miss it! Please vote and comment—I'd love to hear from you. ❤️😘