A pep in your step, disregarding the earlier altercation, you saw your adopted family as you came up to the arcade. Damn this place is huge. They caught sight of you, waving and yelling your name. "Hey!" You waved wildly and broke into a light jog to meet them. "What took you so long, scrub?" Tauros wrapped a tail around you, pulling you in and giving a good noogie with the other. "I got caught up at work." 

"Tell your boss to lighten up!" Gumdrop added. "He showed mercy, I promise." You laughed until he let you go and looked around, catching sight of Cherry. Pink. "Cherry Blossom!" You grinned, arms out for a hug. "I'll take it." She came in for an embrace. "That must be her." A male said standing off to the right. "And you must be him." You pointed. "Yup!" Cherry pulled back. "This is Suzuki." She introduced the two of you. "Like a bike. Nice." You bowed lightly. "Nice to meet you."

"Like a bike." He smiled. "Glad to finally meet you, I've heard a lot." I don't know how I feel about that bit. "Well, since we're all here," Koji gave an attention demanding clap. "Why don't we head in?" There was agreement among the majority. "Oh!" Cherry dug in her pocket and pulled out a neon yellow card. "Here, it's your play card."

"Cool, thanks." You accepted it. Trade one card for another today I guess. "There's three hundred credits on there. Koji said we can use them for games and food." She locked her arm with yours and moved towards the entrance.

"What do you wanna do first?" Cherry asked, pulling you and Suzuki along. You glanced around the massive fun center that was littered with games and claw machines. "I uh...I don't know?" You gave a nervous laugh, your feet sliding on the carpet as you tried to keep pace. "How about that?" Suzuki pointed to a racetrack through a nearby window. "That looks fun." Cherry turned to you. "Are you cool with that?"

"Hell yeah!"

It was your turn to do the pulling, dragging the two of them out to the track. "Someone's excited!" Suzuki chuckled. "I mean..." you shrugged, reaching the line. "It's not a bike, but I'll still smoke you both." You grinned. 

It was huge, filled with cuts, sharp turns, and bridges. The smell of gas filling the area from the little carts. "So you're a speed demon?" He teased. "A little." You made a pinching gesture with your hand, moving a few spaces forward to keep with the flow of the line. "I told you she's filled with surprises." Cherry nudged him with her elbow. "You weren't lying."

"Sooo, Cherry tells me y'all have been dating for a few weeks." You rocked on your heels. "A few weeks?" Suzuki snorted. "That's what you told her?" Cherry looked at him. "I wanted her to go easy on you."

"I'm confused." You interrupted. "We've been together for five years." Suzuki informed. "Oh shit!" Your eyes went wide. "Cherry what the hell?" You laughed in disbelief. "Hey." She shrugged, your position moving forward again. "It was just in case. I didn't want you to run him through the ringer just yet."

"I'll do it anyway." You confirmed and took a look at where you all stood in comparison to the carts that would be available by the time you were seated. "I'm assuming you're getting the two seater?" You asked. "Of course." Suzuki threw an arm around Cherry. "How else can we properly third wheel you?"

"Wow! Okay so no mercy on this track." You laughed, but you were serious. I'm here to ruin lives. "We'll see about that-"

"Please step forward." A smiley employee beckoned to the three of you. Stepping forward, they presented full-face helmets. "Would you like to try our new augmented reality headset?"

"Yes." You answered without hesitation, handing over your play card. "How much more is it?" Cherry asked watching you set your helmet in place. "Twenty extra credits." They answered and handed your card back. "Just to ride is eighty...that'll leave us with two hundred each."

"I'll pay for yours, babe. I got my own, remember?" Suzuki pulled out his play card. Makes sense. I don't think Koji would pay for a non-employee. "No you don't have to." She tried to block. "Too late." He gave up his credits. "Oh that's so sweet!" You teased before hopping down. You took a seat in one of the available carts. A sleek and sparkling sky blue, you wiggled with excitement and buckled yourself in. Cherry and Suzuki took the cart next to yours. "Ready?" You gave a thumbs up to them. "Are you?" Cherry shot. "Oh you know it."

The employee from before stood in front of the line of karts, their box like stature blocking the exit as they explained how the course and helmets worked. Another employee darting in between each cart to ensure the belts were secure.

It was simple enough. The AR would appear on your visor and everyone would see the same thing. No power ups or anything to thwart other drivers. Wack.  There would, however, be obstacles and real-time sound effects. The volume could be controlled on the left exterior of the helmets. If you'd rather just listen to music that was an option as well, located on the right exterior. Since no one had any questions, they stepped out of the way and started the countdown. Here we go. You rolled your shoulders and set your foot on the gas. Gunning it through the first opening you saw as the countdown finished.

You're not disclosing who won, and you never would. That didn't matter though. What did matter, is that you found a game a lot like Beat Saber, and you and Cherry were relieving that machine of all its tickets. While Cherry wielded her dualies, you used the double bladed saber. Suzuki was somewhere, his voice was muffled to you, but you could barely make out him saying this would end up on his social media. Not sure what exactly that turned on in you and your currently pink haired friend, but it prompted both of you to show out. Dancing and shuffling while hitting the flying shapes.

After a successful pillaging on the those poor, unfortunate, games, you hit the redemption room. Was plethora a good word for it? It'd have to work, because damn did you have options. You checked your ticket count. How the hell did I accumulate three thousand that fast? You took a stroll through the sea of toys and electronics. "Come look at these!" Cherry called to you from the other side of the room. "Hm?" You turned, her finger high and pointed to a pair of rose gold skates. You went over for a closer look. "Yes." You nodded firmly. "Yes I will be getting those." That way I don't have to maintain bubbles all night when working...and they're really cute. "But that'll take up most of your tickets. Do you wanna play a few more games first?"

"Nah, I'm using the rest of my credits on food." You shook your head and politely waved an attendant over. "I'm fine with these."

They found your correct size somewhere in their back-stock and after cashing in you had just ten tickets left. "See anything little you want?" Suzuki asked. "Uuuuuhm." You browsed the cheap prizes in the glass case that doubled as the checkout counter. Your eyes focusing on a container filled with hero key-chains. "One of those." You pointed, the clerk asked which one you wanted, if it mattered. Hell yeah it matters. "The All Might one." You grinned as it was handed over.

"Ah, makes sense." Suzuki started as the three of you left. "What?" You set the little figure on your key ring as you walked. "That you'd want your boyfriend's key-chain."

"Cherry, what the hell." You laughed on the outside and screamed internally. I thought she didn't believe meeee. "He's just teasing, but I had to tell him. You got me good that day." She cheesed. Whew. Wow. Okay. "Just a little." Your eyes wandered. "Hey, everyone's over there eating." You spotted your work family split between two tables, munching away. "We should join." Suzuki made a beeline for the restaurant-like area. You and Cherry hot on his trail.