five; ❝carnival date❞

Lauren's outfit

 Camila's outfit

Camila's outfit

 "Can you come over to my house now? I think first date time is here," Lauren says a few days later, into the phone as soon as I answer her call

This is typical behavior of her- to give me short notice, but it's nice that it saves me from spending more days overthinking about how the date would go. Now, I can just throw myself into it and try to enjoy it without any worrying thoughts.

"I'll be there as soon as I can," I tell her eagerly.

"I'll be waiting and dress casually, the weather is hot out," Lauren says and she hangs up.

I instantly get up from my bed and I look into my closet, trying to find the perfect date outfit for such a hot day like today.

I decide a short, flowing blue top and blue denim shorts with white converse. I braid my dark hair and try my best to make it look acceptable. When I'm done, I grab my brown bag and I put two bracelets on.

"I have to go, mom! Bye!"

"To wher—"

   I don't listen to the rest of what she says and I run out the door. She'll most likely scold me when I get back for doing that, but I decide that I'll think about that later.

I almost drop my phone out of my pocket as I'm running but I quickly catch it before it reaches its death on the sidewalk. I see Lauren's house in the distance and I'm filled with more energy to get there.

"You're here!" Lauren exclaims when she opens the door for me.

She's wearing a lacy, red crop top with shorts and white converse. She has her dark hair in a bun and has on pearl-like earrings with a small black bag that she's carrying on her back.

"Yeah," I say. "So, where are we going?"

"Directly to the point, huh? No 'how are you?' Yes, Camila, I'm doing well!"

I blush slightly and she laughs, shrugging it off and telling me that she was just being dramatic.

"It's such a nice day, you know. Let's go to the carnival."