Part 1

A/N: Differences from the show: Ricky and Gina never had their "moment" in episode 5, so they never really got close at all; Ricky and Nini never kissed and got together in the finale; Gina stays with Ashlyn's family now, since her mom moved. Probably more, but you'll figure those out as I write the story.

Ricky's POV

As soon as Miss Jenn pins the list on the bulletin board, everyone swarms around it, searching for their names. Once it's less busy, I go up to look for myself. When I spot my name, my eyes trace the dotted line across the page, and a wave of satisfaction hits me. 

"I got the Beast!" I cheer to Big Red who's waiting for me. 

"Nice, dude," he says. 

I walk back to where he stands, saying, "That means I'll get to play the lead with Nini."

Big Red puts up his hand, about to speak, but I'm too excited to go tell Nini, and I spin around before he can talk. I see Nini with Kourtney and start in that direction. Her face drops into exhaustion as soon as I approach, but I continue anyway. After all, we are playing love interests, so she'll have to learn to get along with me the way she did for the last musical. Besides, I was pretty sure we were actually getting closer, and I was thinking maybe she still liked me. 

"Hey, Nini!" I call. 

"Look, Ricky, I'm really not in the mood," she responds.

"But I got the part of the Beast."

"And that's great," she says, forcing a smile on her face, but her eyes aren't even trying to look happy. "I just would rather not do this right now."

"Do what?"

"Talk about us," she says. 

"I just wanted to say I was looking forward to rehearsals—"

"Yes, it'll be fun, but I just want to be alone right now." She takes a step back to leave while adding, "Congratulations, by the way."

She turns around, and Kourtney follows after her. I watch, confused, as she heads down the hallway, looking bluer than someone who just got a lead role in a musical should. Then I hear Big Red's voice as he steps up beside me. 

"Dude," he says, "Nini didn't get Belle."

"She didn't?"

But she's incredible. She the best actor and singer here. How could she have not gotten the lead? 

"Then who did?" I ask. 

Big Red gestures to the right, and I look over to see Gina with an ecstatic smile on her face as she talks to Ashlyn and EJ. 

"Gina's Belle?" I say. 

Big Red nods. "Yup."

A/N: This is just the first part, so it's substantially smaller than the rest will be. I'm actually really excited for this story. I think it will be fun to write. I hope you all enjoy it too. Have a lovely day.