Homecoming

Summary: you are home for the holidays, and you bring your boyfriend, Asa, with you. You are pregnant and have to find a way to tell him before anyone else does.

You groaned to yourself as the motion sickness set in. Your boyfriend, Asa, looked over at you as you moved forward in your queue. Being a Canadian citizen, you were in a different queue than Asa, who was in the queue for foreign travellers. He gave you a small smile, which you returned.

As you moved along in the customs line, you found yourself feeling more nauseated than before. By the time you had left the line, you immediately b-lined for the bathroom, quickly spilling whatever was left in your stomach into the toilet. A few tears spilled down your cheeks as you heaved.

"Is anyone else in there?" you heard Asa call into the bathroom.

"No," you croaked before your head dipped back down towards the toilet.

You could hear him walk into the quiet bathroom, quickly finding you holding onto the toilet seat for dear life.

"You okay?" he asked, rubbing your back as you took a few deep breaths.

You gulped, nodding. "Yeah."

"You're never this sick when we travel," he sighed. "Did you eat something off?"

You shrugged as you wiped your mouth with a wad of toilet paper. "I don't know Ace."

You couldn't tell him the real reason that you were like this. It was true that you usually had motion sickness when you flew, but this time was different. You were pregnant; a discovery that you yourself had only made a few days ago during a check-up. You also found out late as you were almost 4 months in; it didn't seem to show until a month or two ago, but you figured it was because of your bad appetite. You hadn't found the time to tell him with him having been away until last night, when he met you at the airport for you to board the plane here.

"We can get you some tablets on the way there," he said as you washed your hands.

You simply nodded, looking up at your reflection in the mirror. Your eyes were bloodshot and you couldn't help but touch the dark circles that had formed under your eyes. Exams had been a week or two ago, and you hadn't fully recovered from your lack of sleep.

The two of you walked out, dragging behind your luggage. People gave you two strange looks, but you couldn't be bothered to care.

You quickly made it out of the gate, and you were quickly waved over by your friend, Luke, who you had asked to pick you up. He was bundled up in a thick jacket and scarf, a toque covering his long blonde hair.

"Hey!" he exclaimed, pulling you into a hug as soon as you were within arm's reach.

"Hey Luke," you said, happily hugging him back.

His hug lasted longer than they normally did, and he looked at you strangely when he pulled away. Could he tell? Asa couldn't even tell.

"Hey man, I'm Luke. It's great to finally meet you," Luke said, holding a hand out for Asa.

"It's nice to meet you too. I'm Asa," he introduced.

Luke looked between the two of you for a moment before a wide smile broke out on his face.

"We should get out of here before it gets any busier."

You sat in the back seat of the car with Asa as Luke drove away from the airport, smoothly driving down the highway.

"Luke," Asa said, cutting the silence that had been lingering in the car for almost half an hour. "Can we stop at a pharmacy to pick up some Advil for y/n? She's been sick since we got off."