Party Animal

Summary: Asa takes you to the premiere of Miss Peregrine's, and you end up having to mother him for the night.

You weren't much for parties, but your best friend Asa was attracted to them like moths to a flame. You'd usually end up being the designated driver, having to pull your drunken friend out of the party, much to his dismay. But, he usually thanked you later.

Tonight's party was for the premiere of his new movie, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. Knowing that there would be children there, you hoped that Asa would behave, even just a bit. You weren't exactly Asa's date to the premiere, but you went with him.

Walking the red carpet was new to you, and you didn't exactly like the attention you got. You wore a dress that you had found at the thrift store, as your invite to the premiere was so last minute. You knew people would be commenting on it later, but you knew that you looked good for a fish out of water.

The premiere after-party started almost immediately after the event, which meant that the planning period for you and Asa was cut short. Usually, you planned a few tricks as you were also his wingman and he was your fake boyfriend when someone got a little too handsy.

The after party was alive and well. Lights were flashing around the dancefloor, and you could see some of the children dancing in the middle of it. The only person you couldn't see was Asa.

"Looking for someone in particular?" you heard someone shout at you over the music. You looked behind you to find Finlay behind you. You smiled at him before nodding.

"Have you seen Asa?" you asked, barely able to hear yourself.

He shook his head. "Haven't seen him since we got here," he said. "Sorry lassie."

You nodded, chuckling to yourself at the Scottish slang. You seemed a little less out of place here as you knew that not everyone here was British, and instead where from anywhere else.

You continued walking through the hall, looking for any sign of your blue-eyed best friend. Not that you'd be able to tell his eye colour under these strobe lights. Passing by the snack table, you picked up a cookie as well as one for Asa, he might be hungry. Tossing one of the cookies in your mouth, you wandered out into the hallway. The music significantly muted and there were just gentle vibrations from the bass.

"Asa?" you tried to call out, although, you did have a cookie in your mouth.

You wandered around for a minute before you stumbled across the coat room. Maybe he had forgotten something in his jacket and was looking for it. Opening the door, you noticed that the light was on.

As you opened the door fully, your mouth went agape, causing your cookie to fall out of your mouth, straight onto the floor with a soft thud.

There was a half-naked man in front of a very naked girl, and judging by the blazer on the floor, you were more than sure it was Asa. They both looked to turn to you and you quickly shut the door, your eyes wide. You quietly moved back to the hall, hoping to drown out whatever you just saw with as much alcohol as possible. You quickly decided against it, knowing that you would at least have to drive yourself home.

You stood on the side of the dance floor, watching as the younger children continued to dance.

"Did you find him?" Finlay asked, coming up to you.

"Yeah," you said, dryly chuckling. "I found him."

"Well, where is he then?" he asked.

"He's... busy," you said, averting your eyes to the disco ball that seemed to illuminate the entire room.

"Oh. Do you want to dance?"

You quickly looked at him. "Me? Dance? ," you replied, giving him a polite smile.

"What are you talking about? Everyone can dance!" he said, pulling you onto the dance floor. You eventually gave in, running to the dance floor with him.

You found yourself actually having fun, instead of chasing down Asa every five minutes to make sure that he wasn't doing anything stupid.

"See? You're a natural!" Fin exclaimed, spinning you around, your skirt gently flying up.

You let out a laugh, moving yourself to the music. After about 10 minutes, you two had gotten a bit tired and moved to a table to talk. You were there for minute before he spoke up.

"Looks like he's coming for you," Fin said, pointing behind you.

Looking behind, you could see Asa making his way over, your coat draped on his arm. He looked flustered.

"You okay?" Fin asked, "You look hot and bothered."

Asa shook his head before turning to me. "We're going."

"What? I just started having fun!" you whined, stomping your foot. Fin laughed at your action.

"No, we should go, it's getting late," Asa said, tossing me my jacket.

"The twins are still awake," you noted, pointing over to the dance floor, where the kids were chasing each other around.

Asa gave you a hard glare and you quickly got up. "I guess we're going then," you muttered, pulling on your jacket.

"It was nice to meet you Fin," you said, shaking his hand.

"Tell Asa to give you my number, we should go dancing again!" he replied, giving you a quick wink. You blushed, although you were thankful that no one could see it in the horrible lighting.

You waved goodbye to him before you started towards the exit.

"What's got your underwear in a twist?" you asked as you left the building toward the carpark.

"Nothing," he muttered, as you crossed the street.

You shrugged, not wanting to push it.

On the ride home, it was fairly quiet, the radio being the only sound filling the car.

"I messed up," Asa said, a few minutes into the car ride.

Your eyebrows furrowed. "What happened?"

"I may have said your name when Ella and I were... you know..."

You couldn't help but burst out laughing. "That is the best thing ever," you said, through your laughs.

"She thinks I'm into you!" he exclaimed.

"Well... you did say my name while you were doing her," you reminded him.

"I didn't mean it. You walked in, and then you were stuck in my head the entire time," he said, frustrated.

"Did you at least get to finish?" you asked.

"No," he muttered. "That's the worst part."

"Don't look at me like that!" you exclaimed, when he looked over at you, suggestively.

"Fine," he said. "I'll just finish the job."

You heard him fiddling with his belt. "Not in my car!" you said, disgusted.

He burst out laughing as did you.

"You've got to say my name in bed more often, it's great!" you said, through your laughs.

He looked over at you, an eyebrow raised.

"I mean, when you're with your one-offs. It's hilarious," you corrected yourself. "Did she at least get your name right?"

"Yeah. But I wish it was you saying it," he said, laughing to himself.

You rolled your eyes. "In your dreams Butterfield."

"Always."