Heartbreak Girl

Summary: the reader and him are super duper close and they are at a party and the reader has feelings for Asa that are beyond their friendship. She sees him with another girl and freaks out a little, running out into the rain. He chases after her and she claims to have always loved him and he kisses her in the rain because she's rambling about her feelings but he's always felt the same too.

"Why won't you come?" your best friend, Asa, asked as he followed you to your locker.

You looked over your shoulder, giving him a mean look. "You know that parties aren't my thing, Asa," you said, stopping at the slim locker door.

"But it's the last party of the year!" he exclaimed. "The last one before we go."

You looked up at him, who looked back, his eyes pleading. You shook your head. "Absolutely not."

"Why not?" he asked as you put your stuff away in your locker.

"I have to babysit my little brother," you said, shrugging. It was true, your parents were going to be out of town for the weekend and you were in charge until your older brother got back from university tomorrow night.

Asa sighed, defeated. "Fine."

Walking home, you waved goodbye to Asa as you walked over your lawn to get to the front door. Your younger brother, Sam, wasn't supposed to be home until later, so you had the home to yourself.

Unlocking the front door, you robotically closed the door behind you before slipping off your shoes and walking to the living room. Just as you set your backpack down on the couch, you heard a voice from behind you.

"Hey y/n," they said. "You're home early."

You whipped around to find your older brother, Jamie, standing in the kitchen, an apple in hand.

You clutched your chest for a moment.

"Jesus Jamie," you muttered. "I thought you were going to be home tomorrow."

"I was supposed to, but I decided to come home early. Take the load off you for the night," he said, sitting on the couch next to you.

You shrugged. "I had no plans for the night," you said, pulling your laptop out of your backpack.

"Then it will be a sibling's weekend," he smiled. "Just like we used to have."

You smiled. "That sounds great."

It was around 9 o'clock when you had finally gotten Sam to fall asleep. You quietly hummed to yourself as you pushed the last of your takeout dinner into a plastic container for later. Opening the refrigerator, you shoved the container in. You took notice of the beer bottles packed neatly into the back.

"Hey Jamie?" you called, your gaze still fixed on the beer. "Do you want a beer?"

"Yeah, sure," he called back.

You quickly took two bottles out, placing them on the counter while you searched for the bottle opener. After quite a battle to take off the lids, you walked out of the kitchen, bottles in hand.

"You're not old enough to drink," he said, furrowing his eyes as you passed him a bottle.

"Who's going to stop me?" you asked, before taking a long sip.

You were used to the taste of beer; you and Asa used to sneak drinks all the time when you were over at his house for sleepovers.

"Fair enough, just don't overdo it. I stopped carrying you to bed when you were 12," he said, taking a swig.