"He's at a party," you said, looking at the ceiling. "The final sixth form party."

"Why didn't you go?"

"I was supposed to watch Sam tonight."

"Well, now I'm here."

"And so?"

"Get out of your pyjamas and put something nice on," Jamie said, taking a swig of his drink. "You're going to that party."

You easily slipped out of your sweatpants and threw on a pair of jeans, too lazy to switch your Hello Kitty top. As you stepped into the living room, Jamie beamed with excitement.

"Look at my little sister, finally getting the man of her dreams!"

You glared at him, shuffling across the room to get to the front door.

"Bring an umbrella," Jamie called when you reached for the handle. "It's supposed to rain soon."

You quietly walked along the quiet road, humming a soft tune to yourself. The party wasn't too far from your house, which you were grateful for. Your small umbrella was tucked into your back pocket, and you couldn't help but feel nervous about the entire situation. How would you do this? Would you build up to it? Would you have a conversation? Should you just say it and get it done?

As you walked up to the house, it had just begun to rain, hard. You had just made it to the porch before the rain got too bad. Even just standing outside, you could hear the bass making the house vibrate.

Opening the door, you were met by a wall of people and lights; you'd never seen so many people in a house before. You timidly walked past a few groups of people, some recognising you and striking up a conversation. You just simply smiled at them for a moment before walking away. They knew you well enough that conversations, especially here, weren't your strong point.

You searched for Asa but to no avail. You walked around the crowded living room, pressing yourself against the wall and moving along it. Sure, you looked weird, but it was better than getting lost in whatever was happening in the middle of the room.

You mustn't have been paying attention as you hit a couple making out as you moved across the wall.

"Sorry," you said, looking up at the couple.

Your entire face paled as you made eye contact with one of them, Asa.

"Y/n?" he asked, almost unsure that you were even standing in front of him. He broke out into a smile, "You came!"

You glanced at him and back at the girl and then back at him. You quickly pushed yourself into the crowd of people, disappearing into it. It was a struggle to get out, but you eventually stumbled back to the door, a few tears running down your face.

You felt stupid. How could you even believe for a second that he had any feelings for you? It was all in your head.

As you stepped onto the porch, you groaned as you watched the rain pour down heavily. You reached into your back pocket only to find the umbrella gone; you must've dropped it inside. You didn't want to go back, so you walked out into the rain. Your hair immediately stuck to your face, but you continued down the lawn and onto the dimly lit road. You could feel warm tears streaming down your face, and at this point, you didn't care.

Was this what heartbreak felt like?

"Y/n!" you heard your name being called as you passed a stop sign halfway down the street.

You turned around to find Asa running down the street. You quickly turned back around, walking faster towards your home.

"Y/n!" he shouted, his voice raspy. "Please! Wait!"

You took a deep breath, stilling your actions. Over the pouring rain, you could still hear his heavy steps until they stopped almost directly behind you.

"Y/n," he said, somewhat out of breath. "What's wrong?"

You were quiet as he turned you to face him.

"What's wrong?" he asked, stronger. He tilted your chin up, forcing you to look at him. He was gently panting and his bangs were stuck to his forehead, beads of rainwater dripping down his face.

You shook your head, trying to move your head out of his grasp. His grip on you tightened, keeping you looking at him.

"What's wrong y/n?" he repeated, firmer.

"You wouldn't understand," you muttered, looking past him onto the empty street.

"Try me."

"It's nothing, Asa," you said, through gritted teeth.

"It's obviously not nothing."

"I'm in love with you Asa!" you exclaimed, pulling yourself from him and stomping a few feet away, holding your head in your hands. "I'm so in love with you Asa! So freaking much! And I'm an absolute idiot to think that you'd like me back!"

"You're in love with me?" you heard him say.

You looked over at him, almost choking on a sob.

He immediately pulled you back to him, smashing his lips onto yours; he tasted of alcohol and mint. You kissed him back, your hands finding themselves tangled in his hair. You pulled away after a moment.

He smiled down at you, cupping your cheeks with his hands.

"What was that for?"

"I love you too."

He pulled you into a hug, his chin resting on your forehead. Maybe it was the cheesy love song coming from the house, or hormones, or the fact that it was raining, but at that moment, everything seemed perfect.