You laughed, shoving his shoulder.

"How are things with Eleanor?" you asked, folding your legs underneath you.

You and Jamie could always talk about anything and everything. You were only two years younger than him, so he knew how to work things out for you when things would get tough. As well, he knew that you would listen, you always listened to the stories he'd tell and he'd hear you retelling them to your friends at school when he passed by.

Jamie let out a deep sigh. "Not good. We... broke up last week," he said, rubbing the back of his neck.

You laid your head on his shoulder. "I'm sorry," you said quietly, as he wrapped an arm around you.

"Nah," he said, shaking his head. "It was a disaster from the start. I'm just glad it ended before I gave her this." He pulled out a ring, tossing it on the table.

"You were going to propose?" you asked, sitting up.

He shook his head again. "It's a promise ring."

"Oh."

"Yeah," he sighed. "It just didn't work out."

"Are you not upset?" you asked, curious about the way that he was taking it.

"I was devastated when it happened," Jamie said, a dry chuckle escaping. "I spent a full weekend just balling."

You rubbed his shoulder, trying to comfort him.

"I didn't want to come home because mom and dad would ask about her right away," he continued.

You nodded. It was silent for a minute.

"How's that Asa kid?" Jamie suddenly asked, looking over at you.

You looked down at your lap. "He's still... Asa. There's not much to say," you shrugged.

"You were in love with him y/n," Jamie said. "What happened?"

You shrugged.

"Are you still in love with him?"

You were quiet. You had given up all chances of you and Asa being a couple when he started dating Ella Purnell, a co-star in one of his movies. They seemed happy together, and you'd met her a few times. You tried to avoid them if you could as it brought so many feelings to the surface. When they broke up, you and Asa almost lost each other. You had been so distant that you were unaware that they broke up until you asked about it one day. You hadn't given thought to your feelings about him; you were so used to pushing them away. You couldn't deny the smile on your face whenever you heard his name or saw him in the hallway. You couldn't help but feel butterflies in your stomach whenever he hugged you goodbye when you would walk to your house.

"Yeah," you said after a few minutes. "I am."

"Are you guys dating?" Jamie asked, tipping the bottle into his mouth.

You shook your head. "No."

"Why not?" he asked, confused. "It's been 6 years in the making y/n. If you don't tell him, I'm going to."

"It's no use," you said, looking up at the television. "He's going to be filming for the rest of the year. He won't even be in the country."

"So? That doesn't mean that you guys can't be together," Jamie said, loudly. You cocked an eyebrow at him.

"I just don't think it would work out," you said, rubbing your arm.

"You haven't tried," he said. "Where is he tonight? At his house? You can walk over, it's only 9."