Chapter 13

𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄: EDITED

𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝟏「𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙏𝙒𝙄𝙉𝙎」

𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝟏
「𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙏𝙒𝙄𝙉𝙎」

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Sucking up the least bit of confidence she had left. She bowed, "Greetings your highnesses. I am Victoria Anne Monique, it is a pleasure to finally meet you."

Rufus grinned, "Aiden has told me a lot about you!" She kept her caution, despite his seemingly innocent nature, she should never let her guard down.

"All good things I hope."

Ryan finally spoke after being quiet the whole time. "Of course, he wouldn't stop bragging about you in his letters." Rufus moved closer to the girl which caught her by surprise.

He hummed. "I never knew the girl he fancied would be so pretty." Well that was blunt.

"I've also heard you can manipulate all the elements? Now that is impressive!" Just what was he getting at?

"In all honesty, if she wasn't already engaged to Aiden. I would've wanted her as my fiancee too! Wouldn't you agree Ryan?" The twin nodded in reply.

The boy continued to compliment the girl which only sent her waves of uncertainty, questioning if she should even be afraid of him. He doesn't look like he could hurt a fly. His comments were also very direct and looked to have no double meaning, was he just stupid? Was this the dumb sibling, smart sibling trope?

The pair didn't notice the glaring eyes of the boys and Ryan's amused gaze, as they were off in their own world. Soon enough, the topic of dueling entered the conversation. "Say, isn't the Dueling Tournament fast approaching?"

"Yes, it'll be held here in Crystallia." Ryan glanced at Luke. "It came as a shock to both of us to hear your sudden interest in dueling Aiden. Although you excelled at the sport, you've never actually went out of your way to join a team."

The blonde laughed. "Well it was partly because of Victoria. It was all due to her influence."

Lies. It was because you found out that William and Matthew wanted to join.

"What about you Ben?" The ravenette smiled. "Well, since I lack the most essential part in the dueling department. I decided to approach one of my upperclassmen, he's been standing as a host for the school's past dueling competitions and I expressed that I had an interest in that field. He's offered to teach me the ropes and wishes that I could one day take his position."

The group congratulated him, in awe of his sudden change in personality. The Benjamin before would have never dreamt of talking to one of his seniors, more less, asking them to teach him. He's always been more of a quiet character, trying to avoid any social interaction as much as possible. "And how about you Victoria?"

The girl smiled at Ryan's question. "Yes, I am also looking forward to the dueling tournament."

The twins smiled. "Of course you woul—"

"I look forward to sparing with you."

There was a moment of silence, before Rufus started cackling. "Aiden told us you joined the dueling team, but we didn't expect him to actually be telling the truth!"

His caused Luke to let out an offended gasp. "Just why would I lie about that?"

Ryan smiled. "Please don't take it personally, we just never have heard about something like this happening. So naturally we had our reservations."

"We look forward to sparing with you too Victoria. Although our meeting was cut short, I am sure we will be meeting more in the future." And with that the twins left.

William and Matthew were busy seething in the back with anger because for the entirety of the conversation, they couldn't even get a word in. Apart from the greetings and farewells they exchanged, but that was about it. So once the twins left, the two immediately went to check on the girl.

Meanwhile, as the twins went in search of their father, Rufus decided to strike up a conversation. "So, what do you think brother?"

Ryan merely smiled, acting clueless. "Whatever do you mean?"

"I mean... do you think she will be a worthy opponent?"

The two stopped on their tracks, identical smirks on their faces. "Well, she does seem to over power us in terms of elemental abilities... but from speaking to her just now, and the mana she was releasing... there was a sense of restraint."

"Well, I wouldn't put it so far as to conclude that her control is still a working progress."