Chapter 10

𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄: EDITED

𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝟏「𝙏𝙍𝙔𝙊𝙐𝙏𝙎」

𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝟏
「𝙏𝙍𝙔𝙊𝙐𝙏𝙎」

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

The bustling noise of the students could be heard from each corner of the cafeteria. Victoria, along with her friends were eating their lunch until Maria decided to strike up a conversation. "Tori?" Maria received a hm of confirmation.

"Have you heard of the tryouts being held later this afternoon?" Victoria nodded.

"Well, I was wondering if we could attend together. I heard from the girl's in class that there will be vacant spots for cheerleading since some of the members have already graduated." The girl on the opposite side of the table shivered at the thought. Cheerleading? She would gladly support Maria if that was what she wanted, but she would never dream of actually joining.

Sure it would be cute to do, and it's not like they're going to be wearing revealing clothing since they're children, but the idea of her doting parents attending one of her pep rallies and possibly taking pictures of her to put in their baby album was enough for her to feel immense embarrassment.

"Sorry Ria, but I think I will have to decline your offer on that one. It's not exactly my forte. But I'll be sure to attend to support you." The pinknette pouted.

"Why? you'd be a great cheerleader! And I don't want to be alone..." Victoria shook her head until suddenly, an idea came across her mind.

"Tell you want. I heard, that it's not only cheer tryouts, but they're also looking for members on the dueling team. So you won't be alone, because I'm interested in joining." In reality, she didn't plan in entering any extracurricular activities, being in a club was already very time consuming. But she felt guilty and didn't want Maria to feel sad, so she succumbed. At least it isn't cheerleading? Actually, joining the dueling club would be a pretty fun experience.

The others in the table didn't quite share the same sentiment. Immediately turning heads from the sentence that left the girl's mouth. Noticing their worried expressions, she smiled reassuringly. "Don't worry, I haven't even joined the team yet. It's called tryouts for a reason. Who knows? Maybe I won't get it."

That's exactly what they're worried about. Because they know that with her powers, her position on the team was practically guaranteed. They were just worried for the outcome, the back talk, and the possible slander she'll receive because of it. Despite how progressive Crystallia may appear, it still embodies the mindsets of the past. The way people viewed certain people of a certain gender. Even if she's still a child, as the duke's daughter, her actions and decisions will not be spared by the people's prejudices.

And they were worried.

"Hello everyone! to those who will tryout for cheerleading please gather at the left side of the gym. And to those who are here to tryout for the dueling team, gather at the right side of the gym." One of the teachers announced. As they were setting everything up, students noticed the familiar tuff of white hair entering the gym.