Chapter 5

𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄: EDITED

𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝟏「𝘿𝙀𝘽𝙐𝙏 𝘽𝘼𝙇𝙇」

𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝟏
「𝘿𝙀𝘽𝙐𝙏 𝘽𝘼𝙇𝙇」

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Noise. The girl woke up to noise early in the morning. Slowly opening up her tied eyes, she saw the silhouettes of two adults and a child. Realizing it was her family, a smile crept to her face. "Happy Birthday Victoria!" Ah, so it was the villainess's birthday. She never really took note of it, but she probably should start, it is now her birthday too after all.

"Thank you mama, papa, brother!" She said as they pulled her into a hug. Today was definitely going to be a busy one. If she has learned anything from reading light novels, the birthdays of privileged nobles are nothing to ignore. It's always grand, and over the top, an opportunity for those damn rich people to flaunt their money.

Her family is no different. Being on top of the aristocracy, right below the royal family, they certainly won't be holding back for their precious daughter's birthday. The event where she'll be properly introduced to society as Victoria Ann Monique, Daughter of David Arthur Monique and Julie Jacklyn Monique. The Duke and Duchess of Crystallia.

After bidding her family goodbye, she was pulled into a separate room by the maids. It started off with a bath, and she was very delighted to see the abundance of bubbles in the water. It must be the special birthday treatment. They sat her down in front of the vanity and started combing her hair. The strands of white being styled into a braid on top, with her ivory curls resting in the back. The dress they fitted her into was dark red, complementing her eyes. She fiddled a bit with the bow in front. It's really pretty...

Her eyes glanced at the tall mirror beside her, reflecting her small figure. She looks cute... honestly what made that child the way she was? The maids giggled amongst themselves, finding it adorable how the little lady stared at her own reflection with such curiosity.

Meanwhile, a carriage bearing the royal crest was seen trotting along the wide pavement. A boy with golden hair and glaring eyes was busy cursing the child of the duke and duchess. Not appreciating how he was forced to attend the party by his parents, and the entitlement the girl must have to make it mandatory for them to attend. Not realizing it was by his own parents free will that they decided to visit their good friends on this special day.

"We've arrived. Announcing! The king and Queen of Crystallia, King Ronald Celestee and Queen Lilith Celestee Accompanied by the First Prince of Crystallia Luke Aiden Celestee."

Victoria dropped the cookie she was holding when she heard the booming voice. Luke...? Compared to the other male leads, the way he killed Victoria was just cruel... Her head was down, thinking of the possible ways to avoid meeting him when she felt a hand grab hers. "Are you okay sister? We are about to greet the royal family." She smiled slowly at William, maybe she does have a shot in changing the course of the story. The William before would have never approached Victoria.