Chapter 15

So much has changed in my life it is CRAZY! I went through a NASTY divorce. But hey, it worked out. I became strong, empowered, and finally started to really believe in myself. I got custody of my two beautiful daughters. He does get visitations. I met an AMAZING man who really is just beyond wonderful to my girls and I. He was my first Supervisor when I first took the leap and decided to break free and become a single full time working mommy of 2. My youngest was only a few months old at the time. I couldn't have done any of it without my family and especially not without my cousin who without hesitation stepped in as pretty much a second mom to my girls. She taught me what a functional teamwork oriented family should be like and I will never settle for less again. With spring setting in I am reminded of the strength she lent me, unknowingly. And it is pushing me harder than I have pushed myself this last year. I am learning to never get comfortable and to always work harder to be better than I was yesterday. I don't believe I could ever say "life is great." But I can always say that every day is better than the last. 

With my new found strength and courage you should watch this story and my page closely. I am done with hiding who I am. I have also wrote several chapters for this story including the last. Don't worry this story has a long ways to go yet. But, Thanks to this quarantine it is picking up pace again. I'm excited for the growth and experiences Amari is about to go through. 

Word Count: 2,166

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pain, immense pounding pain filled my head. I had never felt more annoyed in my life by sunshine. I scrunched up my face in disgust at the cascade of broken strips of light that found their way through the flimsy broken blinds that covered my window. One particular strip of light rested perfectly across my eyes. This was not helping my headache.

With a grunt of frustration I pushed the covers off my body and sat up in bed. All too quickly the room began to spin from the sudden motion. With my palm pressed tightly against my forehead I waited for the spinning to subside before making my way into my small bathroom. I left the light off while I splashed cold water on my face stopping to swallow a few gulps from my hands.

Once fully hydrated from my bathroom sink and wide awake from the cold water, I dressed for the day.

Lucille and Ray had not left me to have an enjoyable weekend alone without them here. No, while they were off having fun I had an endless list of chores that needed to be done. I could tell by the length and immense detail to the list that this was expected to be an impossible feat. They had underestimated me.

First up on the list; clean the pantry. Not simply to pick up and clean the floor, nope. Everything needed to be removed from the shelves, bleached, and anything expired thrown out. Any remaining food was to be placed back on the shelf in an organized manner.

This task took me a good two hours. I did move much slower due to the pounding headache from my current hangover. After finishing the pantry I took a short break to chug down two large glasses of water and eat a couple of hard stale rolls I had found shoved away in the back of the pantry. This way they wouldn't notice any food missing from elsewhere in the home. And it would make the few things I had taken to eat already less obvious.

Second up on the list; Cleaning under and behind the washer and dryer.

The list went on like this for the majority of the day. I was finally down to the last two items on the list with a good three hours before dark. I was feeling pretty proud of myself.

The evening sky was filled with a misty blue haze as passing storm clouds worked their way across the sky. Birds sang their songs from the trees and power lines. It was a beautiful evening.