After it cooled down, I decorated the icing through a popping bag and wrote 'Happy Birthday' in cursive.

Well, I tried.

Wiping the sweat on my forehead, a smile formed on my face as I can't wait to see his reaction.

Removing the apron, I went to my room and saw that there was still time till it strikes 12. I look through my closet and find a puffed sleeve top and high waist pleated skirt.

 I look through my closet and find a puffed sleeve top and high waist pleated skirt

I let my hair loose and ruffled them. I put on a nude color lipstick and I was done!

I look at myself in the mirror and a smile formed on my lips. I feel satisfied with my look.

It's been so long since I've dressed up like this.

I look at the time and only 2 minutes were left, feeling my heart racing fast, I took a deep break and walk out of my room and towards his, I knock on it loudly in case he was sleeping because he has to wake up!

"Come in." A groggy voice came and I have a feeling he went back to sleep. I again knocked loudly and soon I hear him groaning.

I hold back my laugh and silently walk down the stairs and towards the kitchen.

___________________________________

Author's P.O.V.

"What the hell—" he opens the door to find no one, he rubs his eyes and looks around the hallway to check if she was anywhere near.

Frowning when he couldn't find anyone, he walks towards her room and find the door open, his heart was beating fast, negative thoughts invading his mind.

Her room was empty which only made his heart sink. He heard something and it was coming from downstairs. He dashes downstairs and looks around to find nothing, another noise came and it was coming from the kitchen.

"Rosé?" He calls her out thinking she was playing with him. He looks towards the kitchen to find the lights turned off.

He slowly reaches there and turns on the light.

"Happy Birthday!"

He froze as Rosé yelled with a bright smile on her lips with a cake in her hand.

Huh—what?! It's my birthday?

He was still in shock as she approached him. "Quick! make a wish before it burns down!" She points excitedly towards the match stick which she has stuck in the middle of the cake.

A chuckle escapes his lips at her cuteness and he holds his hands together and closes his eyes to make a wish.

I wish to be a better person and make people around me happier.

He opens his eyes and looks at her and realizes she's the one who is around him. He has sensed some changes in himself, he doesn't have as many episodes as he used to have. he has become happier than before and he wants to return the favor but he doesn't know how.

He blows the candle and Rosé puts it on the counter then grabs his arm and drags him towards the stool and made him sit on it.

"Cut it!" She urges him and he's more surprised at how she looks happier than him.

He smiles and shakes his head then took the knife and cuts the cake while she sings happy birthday to him then claps excitedly.

He brought the first piece of cake towards her and she looks at him in surprise, she takes a small bite then he took one from the same side she took one, making her blush as he looked at her while biting the cake.

His eyebrows rose in delight, "It's really good!" The praise seems to brighten her eyes and smile and he was awestruck at that.

"How did you know it was my birthday?" He asks curiously because even he forgot.

"I was cleaning your mother's room and I found your birthday marked on the calendar." She smiles sheepishly.

He nodes in acknowledgment and thinks how she made an effort for him when she could've just ignored it.

He smiles gratefully at her.

"I'm sorry I couldn't buy you any gift because I didn't have time, I came to know about it late, if I have known early—" her breath hitches when he places his hand on hers.

"It's okay, this is more than enough for me. Just you making an effort for my birthday is the biggest gift for me." Blood rushed towards her cheeks as they both kept gazing towards each other.

Unknowingly both were smiling at each other, eyes speaking a thousand words yet they choose to not voice out because sometimes eyes speak louder than any voice.

They both talked about random things, their laughs resonating across the house, Jimin almost falling off the chair from laughing too much and Rosé had to hold him in case he fell.

They both had so much fun that they didn't realize it was 2 am.

Cleaning the dishes together, they went back to their rooms but Jimin followed behind her. She was about to enter when Jimin stopped her.

She turns around and looks at him when Jimin finally notices that she has dressed up for his birthday.

Now he regrets not noticing because she looks so different but in a good way that he can't seem to move his eyes away from her.

God damn it!

"Do you want something?" Her questions break him out of his reverie and he looks straight into her eyes.

He bends down a bit and towards her ear, he can hear her breath hitching which makes him feel satisfied in some way.

"You look beautiful." His whispers were soft as a caress of a fragile petal, his words made her eyes wide and his breath hitting her ear made a shiver run down her spine.

He places a gentle kiss on her cheek as gratitude and also he couldn't resist it. Her cheeks heat up which made him smile and pull back.

Her heart fluttered, there weren't only butterflies in her stomach this time, there's a whole jungle party going on inside in it.

"Good night," He says and she replies ever so quietly because she can't seem to find her voice, "Night." She kept looking down, too shy to look up.

He walks towards his room and she enters her room and cups her cheeks. Her cheek still feels tingly where he kissed.

He's gonna be the death of me.

___________________________________

Hello guys, I'm so sorry for the late update!

I realized a few days ago how both Jimin and Rosé don't leave their house, so they are also basically in quarantine too. 😁

I have been feeling that this story isn't as interesting as it used to be in the first few chapters. It's not so appealing anymore. But I'll try my best not to disappoint y'all.

What do you guys think about this chapter?

How was the birthday surprise?

I hope you all enjoyed it.

Thanks for reading.