"There she is!" Remy cried, and the others were soon behind him, looking out. "Get the hatch open," he ordered, still too busy trying to correct their descent to do so himself.

The other plane was losing altitude rapidly thanks to explosive decompression but as long as Rogue wasn't in there, Remy found it hard to care.

Knowing that Rogue wouldn't have very good memories of Laura, Logan ordered the girl to strap into a seat and stay still, then he opened the hatch, gripping the doorway tightly and poking his head out to look forward. Rogue spotted him and aimed for the hatch, flying into the plane before landing. She fell into Logan's arms.

"Oh thank god! I thought I was stuck there. I was so scared."

"We got you, kid, you're safe now."

She pulled away. "Where's Remy?"

"Right here," he said, smiling at her from the pilots seat. She rushed over to him. "You saved me," she said.

"Well, I had a little help." He smirked at her praise none the less.

"No, Mini-Remy, that part of yourself that you gave me, he saved me. He told me to use your powers when Mesmero was distracted and it worked! We kicked Mesmero out of my head!"

She wished with all her heart that she didn't have any of her powers right now, because there was nothing she wanted more than to kiss him.

"Happy to be of service," he told her but his smile was a little lacklustre considering how happy he should be right about now. She looked him over.

"Oh my god!" She noticed that he had three rips in his shirt over one shoulder, rips that perfectly matched Logan's claws. He had another two holes on the side of his abdomen and a singular tear on his thigh. She got down on her knees to examine them and the amount of blood frightened her. Hadn't that girl earlier, X-23, had two knives in her hands and one in each foot? She looked up and noticed that she was here too. "What the hell did you two do to him!" she demanded, getting to her feet.

"'S fine, chère, Mesmero just had a li'l play with their minds too, that's all."

Seeing that he was close to collapse, Rogue focused her attention on Remy. Revenge could wait, for now. "Come on," she urged, setting the auto-pilot and helping him up from the seat. "Logan take over, and get us to the closest hospital as quickly as you can!"

She helped Remy into a seat, then tore strips off his shirt to use as wadding to hold over the wounds.

"Can I help?"

Rogue looked over at the girl. Not only was she the reason that Mesmero got his hands on her, she had stabbed Remy at least twice. Rogue wanted to hate her, but her face was so innocent, so earnest that she couldn't. Rogue handed her a piece of fabric.

"Press that over the stab wound on his leg, put as much pressure on it as you can."

Laura did as asked without question.

"Two beautiful nurses," Remy said with a sigh. "Maybe this dying lark ain't so bad after all."

"You ain't gonna die, swamp rat, you got that? And if you do, I'll just follow you to the other side and kick you ass, got it?"

Remy didn't have enough energy to reply, but his small smirk said it all.

 ***

"How is he?" asked a small voice.

Rogue turned to see X-23... no, Laura standing in the doorway.

"He's okay. The doctor said that if any of those stabs had been a fraction of an inch off, he'd have nicked an artery and died. As it is, they got the bleeding stopped and stitched him up."