Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

Their room was next to Storm's and quite frankly, beautiful. Thanks to living with Remy for a year, Rogue was used to this kind of luxury these days but when she had first left Hydra, she would have thought this was a palace and she could still recognise how lovely it was.

"Dinner is in fifteen minutes," Storm said. "I wouldn't be too late or Kurt won't leave you anything." She had pointed out the dining room on their way up.

Once the door closed they put their backpacks down and collapsed on the bed, facing each other.

"You feeling okay, chère?" he asked. He had noticed how tired the professor and Jean had looked once they were finished.

"I'm a little tired," she said, "but honestly, I feel invigorated! I never realised how much noise there is in my head, until the professor started locking psychics away. He started with the loudest, so my head feels real quiet now."

"You didn't lock me away, I hope," he teased. "Although maybe Mini-Me would like a little bondage," he waggled his eyebrows suggestively and Rogue laughed.

"No. Actually I told the professor that you aren't to be locked away like the others."

That surprised him. "Really? You know, if Mini-Me is causing problems, you won't offend me."

"Mini-Remy is actually the only person that I like having up there. You're the only one who ever volunteered to be absorbed, so your psyche is actually good company."

Remy smiled. "I'm glad to hear that, chère, but if that changes, believe me, I won't be upset."

"Thank you," she said, although she had no intention of ever locking him away.

"So what do you think of this place so far?"

"I like them. I mean we haven't met most of them, but the ones we have have been nice. I think we should give them a chance at least. Hopefully together we can figure out what this En Sabah Nur wants with me."

Remy nodded his agreement.

"So how do you and Storm know each other?"

"That's a long story but the short version is, I met her about 6 years ago, after she'd been de-aged by a mutant and forced to steal for him. I wound up in Cairo, Illinois for a job, where she was. I was 14, she had been reduced to about 11 years old. I saw her picking pockets, like you, and tried to befriend her. The guild had taken me in and Storm showed promise too, so I hopped they might take her in as well. Anyway, once she trusted me, she told me about the Shadow King, the mutant who was controlling her. He had made her younger so that she was easier to control.

"Eventually she stood up to him and defeated him, then I took her home with me, where my Tante Mattie created a potion to undo the magic the Shadow King had done. When she was back to normal, she left. I had no idea she'd ended up here."

Rogue smiled, liking these people a little bit more now that she knew that not all of them were squeaky clean.

"I supposed we should head down to dinner if we want to actually eat anything," she said, sitting up. "This Kurt sounds like he's got The Blob's appetite."

 ***

As Rogue entered the dining room she spotted a blue figure with yellow eyes and she froze. Had the X-men betrayed her to Mystique?

The room fell silent as they noticed the newcomers and finally the blue mutant turned to face them.

"Oh, hello. I am Kurt, also known as Nightcrawler." He thrust his hand out to the pair.

Partners in Crime (X-Men ROMY)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें