xviii. Misunderstanding

Start from the beginning

"That's usually what people say about me."

Freya watched him more as he grabbed another fries avoiding her gaze before she licked her lips in hesitation."About what Lu said this morning--"

"Don't."Suddenly interrupted the tall brown as he suddenly turned his head towards her seriously."My sister may be your friend, but I don't want to talk about her when we're together."

Freya immediately frowned in confusion."Why ?"

Valerio avoided her gaze again as he winced before pausing with his eyes on the lake. Freya straightened slightly to better observe him somewhat worried by his sudden change in behavior.

She didn't really know what she said wrong.

Lu and Valerio had always seemed to share a brotherly love-hate relationship. But she didn't think it was a problematic relationship.

She watched as his Adam's apple went up and down in nervousness before he finally laid his hazel eyes on her."Just ... don't ask questions. Can I ask you that ?"

Freya parted her lips wanting to contradict him before finally nodding her head as she leaned over to give him a kiss as a sign of understanding. If he wasn't ready to talk to her then she would wait. They had just started dating after all.

********************

"Freya?"

The brunette spun on her heels to hear her name being hailed before showing a sympathetic smile at the sight of the big brown with azure eyes approaching her."Hey, Polo. You seem to be getting better."

"Yeah, yeah, uh, it was just a flu." He explained, shrugging his shoulders before giving her a nervous look."So, uh, are you going to Rebecca's party?"

Freya winced before pausing at the sight of Valerio suddenly stopping a bit away from their duo. He gave a look between her and Polo before nodding to her to follow him. She immediately shook her head in refusal before gesturing for him to walk away.

However, the brown persisted.

"You're okay ?" Polo immediately asked, forcing Freya to put her eyes back on Polo with a tense smile.

"Yeah, yeah, sorry." The brunette apologized in excitement before holding back a curse as Valerio feigned a cough by calling her name.

Freya's eyes widened, giving a sharp look at the brown laughing like an idiot."Are you sure you're okay? What are you watching ?"

"Uh, Polo!" The brunette hastened as she took his arm to keep him from turning completely while Valerio turned to look away. Freya let out a nervous laugh as she let go of his arm."It's just ... sorry. I am a little stressed with the exams to come and all that. And then I have my piano recital tonight so ..."

"You have a piano recital?" Repeated Polo in surprise before frowning in disappointment."Tonight ? Aren't you going to come to the party then?"

"Who doesn't come to the party?"