That did it. I turned back around, annoyed. "What? What do you want me to say?" I asked.

Knowing I was pushing him, he gave me a look. "I don't want you to say a damn thing, because I know all it will ever be is excuses from you. It's time for action. Your sister-"

"Do not compare me to my sister!" I said, cutting him off. I knew I wasn't smart like Tatiana, but that didn't mean I had to hear it.

Mr. Ully sighed before continuing. "Your sister is worried. She got an answer wrong in my class today." That actually was a big deal. "No one is trying to compare you to her, but what you're doing is bothering her. I see it on her face in class when she checks to see if you're there. You need to stop doing this to her and yourself."

Did he have to play the sister card though? There was like, a teeny tiny bit of shame there though, but I wasn't gonna let Mr. Ully bitch me. Especially since my grandfather was probably gonna find out about all of this anyway.

"Taraelle. You really need to start coming to stay after-"

I shouted "No" over him, but he just held his hand up before finishing. "EVERY DAY and come to class everyday. You will work on all the work you missed with me. You cannot refuse either," he added once he saw me opening my mouth.

Whatever. I didn't say anything for the rest of the ride, only to give directions. I just pretended Mr. Ully didn't exist. Seriously, he was ruining my life. What would Deon think? We wouldn't be able to see each other as much.

I sulked the whole way to my house. Not bothering to say thank you (because of course, I wasn't thankful at all), I got out of the car and made my way to the backyard. Mr. Ully honked the horn. "See you in class Taraelle," he shouted out the window before driving off.

Now how mad would he be if I didn't show up tomorrow? I rolled my eyes and went inside through the back door.

🌸

Tatiana

Someone somewhere must've really loved me because Tara came home today. Up until the moment I came home and found her, I couldn't concentrate on anything. Images of my grandfather whooping me plagued my mind, causing me to sweat. I never wanted to feel like that ever again, so I went to talk to her. After I heard the shower turn off, I walked across the hall and knocked on her door. A second later, she opened it.

"Hey Tati, what's up?" She said while drying her wet hair with a microfiber towel. Instead of replying, I looked her over. She didn't look hurt or have the eyes of a person that witnessed a murder, but she was still hungover.

"What?" She asked me, a little snappy this time.

I gave her a glare of my own. "Don't," I said warning her. It was rare Tara pushed me, but I wasn't in the mood today either.

"Well you're looking at me as if you wanna say something. Soooo say something," she said impatiently. Tara can be such a bitch at times. Sometimes I must remind myself that I love my sister.

She walked across the room to where her dresser was and started going through drawers, her back to me.

"Where were you? When did you get back?"

"None of your damn business," she replied just as fast.

One rule that came with being twins was we always told each other everything. Yet I wonder because we're getting older, if that even holds true anymore. Hearing my sister say so vehemently that she didn't want me to know about what was happening to her was bullshit.

Tara turned around quickly, deflated. "Fuck, I didn't mean to say that." The look on my face probably made her feel even worse, because she came over and hugged me. "I'm an asshole," she said squeezing me even tighter.