The Kiss

Amara's POV

The bell rang snapping me up from my note-taking. I packed everything up in my binder and tried to ignore the intense stare that I felt. I scurried out the door before anyone could stop me and by anyone I meant one person, Milo Moreno. Since it was the end of the school day, I needed to get all of my things together to exit the school as soon as possible before... SLAM! Crud, he found me! I sighed and reached for my locker again determined to ignore him. However just as I did that he slid his body right in front of my locker and bent down. He looked me right in the eyes. Now it was impossible not to look at him. His brown eyes stared intently into mine as if reading my soul. I felt my knees go weak, but I mentally told them to do their job.

 "You really don't like eye contact do you?" he asked with a huge smirk on his face. 

Regaining my confidence, I said, " No, I just don't like to look at you." 

He playfully pouted by sticking his lip out and making his eyes big. Then he replied with " You don't really mean that do you?" This time I couldn't help it I swooned. He looked at my lips and then back up at my eyes. I realized he was teasing me and it was working. I wanted him so bad. All of a sudden he decreased the distance between our faces and went straight for my lips. Before I could think he kissed me. It was a slow and soft kiss, his right hand went up to caress my face. It was one of those silver screen kisses with the fireworks and everything. We both came back up for air. His dark brown orbs searched my face for any sign of displeasure and waited he waited for me to speak. I was so awestruck and confused. There was no doubt that was the best kiss of my life, but still, doubts fluttered in and out of my head. Did he mean to kiss me? Does that mean he likes me or does he just want to check me off the list of sleeping buddies? Do I like him? I looked up into his eyes and he looked back. Oh no, I was falling for the school's player! By this time since he had stepped closer to kiss me, there was a space between him and my locker. I quickly sidestepped him opened my locker, pulled out my bag and turned on my heels for the door.