Chapter Four

Waterfall left Ink and Swamp alone and went fishing again. Stupid SeaWing, she thought, almost aloud. Stupid for thinking he could defeat her, stupid for picking a fight with Swamp, stupid for even coming here. What was he doing this far from the Deep Palace anyway? 

She wasn't that surprised actually, Queen Coral would've been home by now. She would order a whole lot of patrols to the outer skirts of the kingdom, knowing Waterfall wouldn't risk coming near the palace. Though if that particular SeaWing dared to come back here, his story wouldn't have a happy ending.

Waterfall smacked herself with her tail. Stop thinking things like that, she hissed to herself. You need to stay calm. She couldn't risk snapping again and hurt her friends by mistake. 

She shook her head to clear out her chaotic thoughts and kept fishing.

Waterfall came back with two tuna fish for Ink and Swamp and an octopus for herself. They ate, too slow for the likes of Waterfall, and by the time Ink was chewing the last of her meal, the sun was going down.

"Come on, we have to get a move on before that SeaWing comes back," Waterfall said as soon as Ink finished the fish. She didn't wait for a reply from them and shot up to the crimson sky.

They flew west, in the direction of Possibility. Though they couldn't possibly reach there before noon. They would need to stop at the mountains or Ink's wings could fall off.

"Um, Waterfall, are you scared about getting caught?" Ink said.

"I wouldn't say scared..."

"Then, uh, shouldn't we be flying, I don't know, lower?"

That made sense. Waterfall could be seen from a mile away with her bright blue scales. Ink and Swamp had darker scales so it was harder to see them. She thought for a moment and then nodded.

"Swamp! We need to fly lower if we don't wanna get caught!" she called to her friend. Swamp was flying higher then Waterfall and Ink so she swooped down. She gave her a curious look. 

"Are you sure? It might slow us down, there are a lot of trees."

"Well, would you rather fly slow or get caught by an angry SkyWing army?" Swamp was still looking worried but she nodded. They glided down to where trees nearly touched their underbellies. It was a little difficult trying to flap her wings and not hit any trees, but they still advanced. 

And to their luck, it seemed like a storm was approaching. Before long, the air currents were too strong for even Waterfall to fly. It kept knocking her off and was really frustrating. They would have to land or they could never make it to Possibility. She signaled her friends to follow her and she landed near a small forest. It had started raining and it was getting stronger by the minute. Waterfall covered her head with her wings. 

"Come on we have to find some kind of shelter!" she shouted at her friends. It was going to be hard to find anything dry in this rain but if they didn't find anything they would be soaked to the bone. 

She managed to spot a big tree with dry bushes under it. But the dry area was small, only Ink and Swamp could fit. It's still something, she thought, calling her friends. When Ink and Swamp were settled she sat under one of the other trees. She was still getting wet but not as much if the tree wasn't there.

"Are you going to be okay?" Swamp shouted over the sound of the endless rain.

"Yeah, don't worry about me!" Waterfall replied. Though she was getting a bit cold. But if she told them that, Swamp wouldn't stop until finding Waterfall a dry land too. And if she couldn't find it, she would offer her place. That would make everything worse.

꧁༺ 𝓪 𝔀𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓼 ༻꧂ ----- REWRITINGजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें