Prologue: Country Road

Bopper's narration

I was a little different for a Mobian Bear at my time.

You could say that for my family too.

My Pa was born out in the Wild West since my grandpa was a sheriff out there.

Mama was born in Adabat when her mom had to move their for a job.

The two met when mom moved again when her step dad bought land out near grandpa's.

You might think they were your "typical lovers", but all loved ones remember it as anything but that.

My grandpa died of old age after my parents married.

I still wish I got to see him before he passed...

...Pa had so many stories of him.

My parents decided it was time to move from the sands and the prairies and get to the place bears fit the most: the mountains.

My parents did get separated a while in the trip during the Great War, but it didn't keep Pa away for long.

Sad thing was that I was born while Pa was trying to get home, so he never got to see my first moment of life.

But that didn't matter to Pa, because the time he heard my voice on the phone for the first time...

...it brought tears to his eyes.

After he got back, our family started a farm.

We grew grapes, apples, pumpkins, corn, carrots, peas, beans and lettuce.

We also sold honey some with our neighbor, who owned a bee farm.

My family worked hard for our life, but Mama took time to homeschool me the best she could.

She did take me to a schoolhouse for a few years in middle school, but that ended when I started working more.

I didn't learn nothing fancy like algebra and science, but just stuck with learning reading, writing and basic math and measurements.

Out here in the countryside, we live off the land more than anyone.

Our food, money, water and health came from what we could get in our area.

—————————————————————————
Normal POV

Gruff Family Farm

Bopper's father, George Gruff, was pulling out corn stalks after a long year of harvest.

A young Bopper tried to pull one himself, but accidentally fell over when he got it out.

George chuckles. "Keep it up son, you doin' great."

Bopper smiles. "Ok Pa!"

Bopper's mother, Gine Gruff, watched from the porch as she held another cub in her arms, which was Bopper's younger brother.

Bopper got back to helping his father once he dusted him off.

—————————————————————————-

Bopper's narration

Everything else we got from the town nearby.

Our hometown was Greenwood Falls, a home to nicest people you'll meet this side of the world.