Chapter 2 Newest Recruit

Bopper's narration

I was headed to Empire City to join the athletes academy in hopes of joining a fighting sport.

What I didn't know was that the rules were going to be bent in my favor.

—————————————————————————

Normal POV

Empire City Bus Stop

Ben steps out and looks around, amazed at the tall skyscrapers and many buildings that filled the place.

A wrestler in a mask waves him over. "Hola amigo!"

Ben waves back. "Howdy!"

The wrestler walks over and shakes his hand. "You must be the friend my cousin said was coming. I have a room prepared for you at my mansion."

Ben shook his head. "You don't have to do that,Bernardo. I saved enough money to get my own apartment."

Bernardo waves his hand in dismissal. "It is the least I can do. You are practically family here, and family comes first."

Ben nods. "Okay then. Whatever floats your boat."

Bernardo asks him as they walk off. "Do you have the papers the academy needs? I can't legally let you in without proof that you are in perfect health."

Ben shows them to him. "Got them here."

Bernardo looks through them before putting them in his own pocket. "Nice work. Just a few more months before you're in your first real match."

Ben smiles. "Alright!"

————————————————————————

Bopper's narration

I got signed in and put in Bernardo's wrestling class for my first semester.

We basically watched Bernardo show how it's done while training for the test, which was a match against a fellow student.

I already knew boxing because of Pa, so I already had a leg up over most students.

We were halfway through the first semester, when the midterm test came.

What we didn't know was that someone was watching us that day.

Someone who saw one of us catch his attention.

—————————————————————————

Normal POV

Athletes Academy

Ben watches as two students tackled each other across the ring, until one of them finally gave in after being pinned on the ground for too long.

After the kids cheered the victor, they both got off as it came time for the next two to be tested.

Bernardo calls out. "Edward and Ben! You're both up next for this one."

Ben walks up with a Mobian bison to the center of the ring, both wearing protective gear for the fight.

Bernardo signals them to start and gets off the mat.

The bison pushes him towards the edge right when it starts, having Ben already hanging on hard for his survival.

Ben rebounds off the ropes and belly bumps the bison across the ring.