1.8

We arrived at Starbucks we sat down near the counter.

"What you want?" Lucas asked me, but I was busy thinking why did I decide to come with him?

I didn't say anything and keep on scrolling my phone.

"What do you want?" he asked me once again, this time softer.

"I'd go for an iced caramel macchiato, no whipped cream!"

"What? There's actually somebody who doesn't like whipped cream? You are one weird girl, Jihyun,"

I rolled my eyes as he goes to the counter to get the drinks.

Soon enough, he came back with our drink. Turns out he bought the same too.

"Wait a minute,"

"What?" Lucas was surprised.

"You said nobody in this world dislikes whipped cream, then why is yours doesn't have whipped cream? And you said I'm weird for not liking whipped cream, what's that?"

"I don't like whipped cream either, and my friends would go like 'why don't you like whipped cream' bla bla bla, and I hate them for that,"

"You are one weird boy," Lucas looks at me.

"Hey! Those are my words!"

"Mine now,"

"Come on let's go! Just bring the coffee with you," Lucas stood up and told me to stand up too.

"What? Why? Let's hang here for a bit," to be honest, I'm just too lazy to stand up.

"Come on, let's goo, you won't regret this, trust me!" he whined, he sounds like he really wants me to go tho.

"Fine," then Lucas mouthed 'yay'

I tagged along with him from behind and he opened the door for me. But I didn't say a word, no thank you no nothing. Until he glared at me.

"Yeah yeah, thanks,"
.
We hopped inside his mustang, and he started driving.

"What time is it?"

"It's 8.38, why?"

"We still got time before the curfew,"

"well yeah, like 22 minutes left, we should head back,"

He didn't respond to me, he smirked a little bit and he continued driving.
.
"Lucas where are we going?"

"You'll see,"

"Aaand here we are!" he yelled inside the car.

"God my eardrums,"

He parked and turned off the car. I went out to see that we are in a theme park.

"Come on let's go!" he grabbed my wrist and go towards the locket.

"2 tickets please," he leans towards the locket and the man gave him the tickets. Then he paid without me noticing how much it is.

God, he spent a good amount of money to buy me shit today, and this is just the beginning.

"What do you want to ride?" he asked

"Anything,"

"You're not scared of anything?"

"Hell nah,"

"Let's go to the haunted house then,"

Fuck, I regret that immediately.

"Can we not?"

"You said you weren't scared of anything," he smirked.

"Well, not a haunted house!"

"Come on tough girl, you can do this, I'll protect you!"

"Nah, I can't trust those words,"

"Well, unfortunately, like it or not, you're still gonna go," he grabbed my wrist again and dragged me towards the haunted house.

We waited at the line and I keep coming with excuses not to go inside. But he keeps rejecting.

The people in front of us went in and now it's just us two outside.

"Lucaaas, there's still time to turn back,"

"No means no,"

"Okay you two may come in," the worker said to us.

"LET'S GOOO!" God, why is he so hyped?

He held my wrist when we first entered. But then he started to push me so I can go in front of him. So whatever's gonna scare us, I'm gonna be the first one who got scared.

"Hey, that's not fair,"

"Hehehe fine I'll do this then," he put his arms around me from behind. And I can feel his breathing near my skin. It feels warm and safe.

My crazy heart just can't stop beating so loud.

"Stop beating so loud he's gonna hear you," I mumbled to myself.

Then he moved next to me and put his left arms around me.

"I'm not gonna let anything touch you," he said.

We were doing just fine until I feel something nearby. Suddenly out of nowhere, a man jumped at me.

I turn my body to the right, facing Lucas as reflexes. I hugged him and buried my face in Lucas' wide chest, and his arms are around me to make me feel better.

"I wanna go out please, Lucas," my voice started to become weak and I can feel him looking down at me.

"Fine but you gotta trust me okay?"

He grabbed my hand then pulled me to his side. Having his left arm around me again, but this time closer.

"You can close your eyes and I'll lead the way out," he then started walking as I'm closing my eyes.

I got scared a few times but this time I feel a lot safer than before.

Finally, we got out. My legs weaken and my body feels like it's about to drop.

"Don't ever take me there again,"

He hugged me and I hugged him back.

"Thank you,"

"Anytime,"

then suddenly he shouted "OKAY NOW LET'S GO!" releasing me from his arms.

He's such a kid, isn't he?

(a/n)

well this one's long...