First Battle: Part 1

~Sasha's POV~
Everyone was getting ready for a battle, I was only a little nervous, sitting and waiting till we pick our squads, wondering who would pick a freak like me... I feel like my demonstration with Octane earlier startled some of the legends, making me pull my hood over my head. I sharpen my blades, making sure they're smooth and flawless in their edge.

I was sitting in front of a table, placing each newly sharpened knife down in a row. This seemed to draw people away from asking if I'd join their squad, which was a little disappointing. So, I finished and used my power to lift up all the sharpened knives and make them fly into my secret pockets on my sleeves and just waited.

~Octane's POV~
I walked in the room with Mirage, we needed one more person. I looked around a bit then Mirage tapped my shoulder "Hey, it looks like Sasha isn't on a squad~" he was leaning on my shoulder as he said it, only to see that I already zoomed over to her, he stumbled and shook his head, seeing me already talking to her, making him scoff a bit.

"Hey Amiga! Sasha!" I said zooming up to Sasha as she was sitting their. She looked over and smiled a bit when she saw me, like she was hoping I'd ask her to join me. This made my heart race more than it usually does. "Are you in a squad yet hermosa?" I asked smoothly. "Um, no I'm not, I think I scared everyone with my little demonstration earlier." She replied, looking a little sad, this made me frown behind my mask. "You can join me and Mirage amiga, we need a third." I say as Mirage walks up too. "Really?" She asked, looking up at me, a sparkle in her red irises, so cute. "Hell yeah amiga! Your powers are awesome Sasha! Fuck the others that won't team up with you." I say wanting to lift her spirits. She smiles and I notice some fangs, which I was surprisingly turned on by. "Wow, are those fangs hermosa?" I say trying not to get too excited. "Oh, yeah it's part of my powers." She stood and smiled, showing them. Thank god I wear a mask, I was blushing hard, her first battle in the Apex games was gonna be with me, oh and Mirage. "Hey don't forget about me cutie." Mirage said looking over my shoulder with that same old smug smirk, winking at Sasha, making her roll her eyes.

~Sasha's POV~
Mirage was such a flirt, I've only been here for a day and I already got him figured out, a egotistical, flirty, hot-shot wannabe, be he was amusing, and seems kind enough to look past all that. But Octane... every time I saw him, talked to him, or if he was even close, my heart would start racing, I don't know why, even when he calls me "hermosa" is it? I don't even know what that mean. Was I...? No, no way. Do I have a crush on Octane? Would he even feel the same about me...? I doubt it... I won't get ahead of myself.

The announcers voice suddenly went off, informing us on our arrival, drawing my attention away from my thoughts. I go to a window and look down at the huge arena "Woooow" Octane walked behind me, "Pretty awesome right?!" He said with some of his usual dare-devil flair. "Yeah!" I said, feeling pumped. I jumped down from the step up to the window, shaking and trying to get more loose. Then Octane started to jog in place, do some jumping jacks and make me laugh, he turned to me quickly and shook himself up a bit too "You pumped? Cuz I am amiga! Haha!" Mirage stretches a bit and we stepped by the big hatch of the drop ship, hearing beeping to signal that the door was gonna open momentarily.

My eyes started glowing and I flipped some of my blades, stopping them in midair with my power, making them fly back to me, catching them before they hit me. "Oh yeah~ I'm ready!"

~Octane's POV~
I blushed so much I'm surprised that there was no steam going through the filters of my mask. Sasha has a slight crazy smirk on her face, which got me totally hooked, it was confirmed, I wanted her.

The hatch to the ship opened and she looked a little nervous suddenly. I put my hand on her shoulder "Hey, it's alright amiga! This'll be the best part!" She took a deep breath, closed her eyes, opening them back up with such a energizing look "I'm alright!" A 10 second countdown started and the others prepared to jump, my jump pack was ready for action.

10... 9... 8... 7... 6...

I looked back at her and Mirage, my heart racing, Sasha joining my side. "You ready for the rush Shadow?!" I yelled so she could hear me over the wind. "Yep!" Mirage Replied. Sasha had the hood of her jumpsuit on, looking out the drop ship hatch, her hair hiding her face from our view, her fist clenched.

5... 4... 3...

She looked at us, the wind pulling the hood off her head, showing her sexy, red, hair, a smirk on her face "Born ready" she said, showing those strangely attractive fangs through that smirk.

2... 1...

We run down the hatch, we leap and flip out, diving into the arena. "WHOOOOOOOOO!" Sasha yelled as we dove. "HAHA! Yeah baby!!" I shout as we dove down with such speed. She looked awesome, her first fight was gonna be the best, I'll guarantee it.

~Author note~
I know this chapter seems long but I'll make a part two very very soon. Thank you for reading part one of  "First Battle" readers! Follow me and add my story to your libraries! Thx! 💖