"I'll check on him." I got up as I excused myself and walked out of the cafeteria. Lydia was looking at me weirdly about which I had no idea. Her gaze and that 'later' had me almost shit my pants.

I walked down the hallway looking for Jordan but couldn't find him there. I went towards the locker section and there he was shuffling through his locker, an angry expression struck across his face, his eyebrows pinched together in a frown.

"Frown doesn't suit you well, angry boy." I leaned against the locker next to his, trying to lighten up his dampened mood.

He glanced at me and turned his attention back to his locker doing whatever he was doing before I came, which was basically nothing but shuffling his locker aimlessly.

"Jordan. C'mon. At least look at me." I nudged his shoulder. I didn't know what was I going to talk to him, but I was going to try. I couldn't see my best friend in a sour mood.

He slammed his locker shut and hovered over me, making me gulp as I gazed into his eyes, searching for answers as to what made him so mad at the lunch table.

"Are you going to tell me what's bothering you," I asked him as I placed my hand on his arm. He glanced at my hand and looked back at me, his eyes softening a bit.

"It's not that easy, Leah." He sighed.

"Are you seriously dishing out those cards, 'being complicated' as they call it?" I scoffed at him.

"I-" He was cut mid-talking by the darn bell. The school bells did have the wrong timing. It would ring at the most inappropriate times.

"Later, Leah." He let out a smile, which wasn't his usual brightening-up-his-face smile as he walked away from the locker, away from me and all I could do was watch his retreating figure getting lost amongst the waves of students as they rushed towards their classes.

__________

"Did you know that you can bite your fingers off like a carrot, but your brain stops you?"

I will bang my head on the desk if he won't stop now.

"Also that some turtles can breathe through their bums?"

I will bang my head with Dickson's bald head.

"You can lose 67 calories by farting, and if you fart 52 times a day, you lose approximately 1 pound of fat."

Can I bang his head instead?

"The skin on our lips is made up of the same material as that of our buttholes?"

What?

"Did you know that the inner lining of the human mouths and vagina are made up of the same material as well?"

Has he lost his marbles?

"First, you don't have a vagina. Second, that's gross. Third, what the fuck? Fourth, where the hell did you find all these? And fifth, just stop." I held out my fingers as I counted off the things that I said.

We were been in detention for the past thirty minutes now and we would be off at any moment. Ethan was being nothing but a pain in the ass as he spurted out those random things which were making me question his sanity.

"Are these facts even true?" I asked him as I rested my head against my desk.

"Well, technically, all facts are true. If it were false, it wouldn't be a fact. So your question is wrong."

Dear God.

"Ethan, I can feel the start of a headache now. Please stop."

"You both are dismissed." Son of dick, I mean Dickson, flicked his wrist at us in a dismissive way.

I quickly got up from my seat, slung my bag over my shoulder and ran as fast as I could from Ethan towards the exit of our school and into the parking lot. There is only so much my ears could endure.

"See ya later, Leah." Ethan tipped a salute as I put my car in reverse and I showed him the middle finger as I drove away. I could hear him laughing and very well imagine his eyes crinkling just the way they always do when he laughs.

I started driving on the familiar streets of Castroville as the warm afternoon breeze of California brushed against my skin and passed through my hair making my curls fly wildly in all the directions.

I turned at the curb on my street and after a terribly long day, I fully intended to crash face-first into my bed and take a long nap, then fix myself some dinner, watch some random show or read a book and sleep.

I turned into my driveway and cut the engine. Getting out of the car, I noticed that I had a company for the evening, and all my plans for the remainder of the day blew away in the winds of California.

If I thought my day was long, then, I was utterly wrong. Because Lydia was standing in front of my door with the same look that she was giving me in school since lunch.

Oh boy, it's gonna be a long evening.

******

I completely forgot that it's Monday today and that I have to upload the chapter. Every day feels like Sunday these days and I'm so not liking it. So stay indoors.

Fun fact: I don't like Sundays. Yes, you got that right. Sundays bore me to death.

Aaaand what's the deal with Jordan? What's up with his behaviour? Must be on his man-periods.

The facts that are mentioned in the second half of the chapter are ones that I had read over the internet and they had me cracking up yet at the same time some of them grossed me out.

What do you think of the chapter? Share your thoughts in the comments section.

Don't forget to Vote.

Until next time.