Chapter 20

"Welcome home, Lisa and Jen. Take a seat." Mrs. Manoban said, pointing to the two seats.

We both sat down. I looked at Lisa and she shrugged.

"So, you might be wondering why you are home from school." Mrs. Manoban said.

I nodded.

"Well, I thought everyone that the Night of Engagement was pushed forward, right?" she asked.

I nodded, knowing actually where this is going to be going.

"Well, it's going to be in 2 days and sorry Jen I didn't tell u. I am starting to forget. But anyways, I thought that we could start preparing for the Engagement." Mrs. Manoban said, clapping at her brilliant idea.

My stomach twist. I know enough of Mrs. Manoban that when she claps, it's a bad thing.

"So, I was thinking that Lisa," she said, turning to Lisa, "You should follow your father. You should buy some suits with him and try it on. I want you to look FAB!!!"

She grinned and closed her eye, inhaling deeply.

"As for you Jen, you would be following me and Krystal. We can go shopping, do facial and everything that a girl dreams of in one day." she said, flashing me her million dollar smile.

"Your father and I would be taking days off just to make your Night of Engagement picture perfect."

I smiled.

"Oh and how is Ballroom Dancing going?" Mrs. Manoban asked.

"Oh, it's fine. I am learning a lot." I said, hoping my voice doesn't sound as sarcastic as I hear it.

"Great. I want you guys to know all of the move. You guys will be dancing in the spotlight like a happy couple."

My jaw hung.

I ONLY KNOW ONE OF THE DANCE MOVES!!!!!!!!!!!

If I look calm on the outside, trust me, I am really screaming on the inside.

"But - "

"No buts, it is firm and you guys will dance. If you guys haven't learned everything yet, I will make sure Bex is fired." Mrs. Manoban said firming.

I quickly nodded.

"Starting tomorrow, we will be shopping all day." Mrs. Manoban.

I groaned on the inside. One thing about me is that I hate shopping and when I mean hate, I mean it with a capital H.

"Ok, dismiss." Mrs. Manoban said, standing up to leave.

"Wait!" I said. I got up and walked up to her.

"Mrs. Manoban - "

"Please, call me Maria, we are all in a family and soon your going to be my daughter - in - law." Mrs. Manoban said.

"Maria, yes Maria, is Kai home?" I asked.

"Oh, yes, he is probably in the library."

I nodded, "Thanks."

I ran up the stairs.

"Wait, excuse me?" I asked one of the many maidens that were cleaning the spacious house.

"Yes, Mrs. Manoban?" she answers.

"It's Jennie Kim. And call me Jen." I said.

"Yes, um, Jen?" she asked.

"Where is the library? Can you bring me to the library?" I asked.

She quickly nodded and led me to the library.

"Kai, Kai, EMERGENCY!!!" I said, bursting in the library.

"Yes?" he asked, looking up from the book.

I ran over to him and grabbed his arms.

"Kai!!!! You got to teach me the rest of the dance moves!!!! Hurry, I don't have time and the Night of Engagement is coming up!" I said, panicking. I squeezed his hand.

"Well, come on." he said, walking me the ballroom dancing room.

"Kai, Kai, what if I don't learn everything?? What if in the middle of the night, I forgot everything? And what if Mrs. Mano - I mean Maria gets mad at me? And what if I embarrass myself by falling on my butt? I would be - "

Kai chuckled.

"A fact is that you're nervous." Kai said, chuckling again.

I blushed, "Of course I am nervous. I am going to die if anything bad happens."

"Well, then let's make it perfect." Kai said opening the door to the ballroom dancing room.

"Ahh!" I screamed a little as I fell into Kai's chest.

"Noooo!!" Kai said, laughing.

"What? That's what you say. Back, side, side, back, back." I repeated.

"No, I said, back, back,
side, together, back, back." he said.

I groaned.

"I always get them mess up!!" I said, murmuring in frustration.

We have been in this room for as long as I could remember, rehearsing the ballroom dancing steps over and over again. Nobody came to distract us and the only sound in the room was the soft background music, Kai and me.

"Ok, then I will say them out loud." he said.

"A 1, a 2, a 1, 2, 3, 4, Back, back, side, together, back, back." Kai said.

I squealed and clapped my hands.

"I DID IT!!!" I said, jumping up and down.

"I did it, I did it, I did it, yay, I did it!" I said.

Kai laughed.

"Ok, now let's try it if I don't say the words."

I breath.

"I got it, I got it, don't worry." I said.

Kai laughed.

"Ok, a 1, a 2, a 1, 2, 3, 4."

Back, back, side, bac -

"Nooo, wro - "

"Ahh - "

"Jen?"

I jumped as a door flew open and banged on the white, marble wall. I fell on Kai and used him as my support, but the bad news was that Kai lost his balance too.

. . . And the super bad news was that I kissed Kai when I landed, just as Lisa saw us on the floor.

My heart pounded and my throat felt dry.