Chapter 9

"She hardly even slept, she only slept for -"

"Mom, the doctor is here for the check - up." Lisa came back and I studied her for a while. She does look super tired.

The doctor did all of the check - up and in the next hour, we were in the limo.

I sat in the car, just thinking.

It's good to have someone always by your side when you don't know what's going on . . . . even if you don't love her

Was that selfish? I asked myself.

The next thing I knew, a head plopped on my shoulder. I looked down and saw Lisa.

I was about to shove her head off of my shoulder, When I though of everything she did for me. I decided to do something in return and I let her stay.

I studied her for a moment; since I have never seemed her sleep before.

I can see her blonde hair was a little out of place and my nose was so close to her hair that I could smell the fainted shampoo and the fainted hint of cologne from her. I blushed and being so close to her was making me dizzy. I wanted to look away, but my brain wouldn't follow. My eyes could see her golden eyelashes, so long and beautiful, from here. I could see them tangled up and I blushed even harder.

Her nose was perfectly straight and her white skin was like a kiss from the snow. She was flawless even when she has bags under her eyes.

Her mouth was slightly opened and I could hear his heavy breaths. Her fingertips slipped from her side and dropped onto my bare arm.

My chest muscle tightened and my breath quickened as I feel the tingling sensation from her skin.

When we pulled in front of the house, I shoved her lightly, but she wouldn't wake up so I slapped her.

She immediately woke up and rubbed her eyes.

"We're there." I said, looking away and got out the car without waiting for her.

I ran inside the house and looked around.

"Is there anything I can get you Ms. Manoban?" one of the maiden asked.

"Ms. Manoban?" I asked. The maid nodded and I sighed.

"Do you want a meal?" The maid asked and I realized how hungry I would.

I nodded and the maid quickly scurried away. I walked to the second floor - to my bedroom - and changed outfit. I went down the stairs to see if my meal is ready and it is. I dug into my food hungrily.

I LOVE FOOD!!! I said and smiled to myself.

When I finished eating, I eat the silver pill and I immediately felt sleepily. I went upstairs and changed into my PJ, when I saw Lisa was already asleep on the couch. I threw myself on the bed and when I was warm, I fell asleep instantly.

~~
The next day, I woke up and the sun was in my face. I felt so must better from last night. I stretched and notice that Lisa was not in the room. I shrugged and got out of bed. I got ready for the morning and headed for the breakfast table. Everyone is there, except for Lisa.

"Where's Lisa?" I asked and a breakfast plate was set in front of me.

"She said that she is doing something really important today." Mrs. Manoban said and grinned.

"Oh." I said and continued eating.

"Jen, I have some news for you." Mr. Manoban said, "I've seen your health result and it is very good so far. I was thinking that you don't have to take the medicine anymore. But you have any problem, come tell me immediately."