Chapter 16

"Pss, pss, wake up!!" someone whispered in my ear.

I groaned and tried to shoo it away.

"Wake up, Jen!"

"Shut up, I want to sleep." I whispered.

"You got enough of your beauty sleep. You have to wake up now." someone said in my ear.

I groaned again.

"You slept for 1 day already."

I sighed and sat up, rubbing my eye.

"1 day?" I said slowly.

"Yeah." I opened my eyes and I saw Vicky,

"Hey Vicky."

"Morning."

"Why did you wake me up so early?"

"Oh, Mrs. Manoban wants to talk to you." Vicky said, fixing my hair, "She is waiting in her office. And you better hurry; she is going to leave for work soon."

I nodded.

"Go get dressed. You don't want to see her like this." Vicky said.

"Ok, what time is it?" I asked.

"About 5:30."

"Hey and where is Lisa?" I asked.

"Oh, she is preparing for school. She has school today."

School

I thought.

It seems like it was a billion years ago that I went to school. I have to admit, even though I have no friends or boyfriends, I still miss school, I missed the education part.

I hurry to the bathroom and Sunny brought the clothes. I changed and headed to her office.

I knocked on her door.

"Come in!" Mrs. Manoban called.

I opened the door and I put on a smile.

"Good Morning, Mrs. Manoban." I said, politely.

"Morning, Jen" Mrs. Manoban said, smiling, "Please sit here."

I quietly sat down.

"So, Mrs. Manoban I was wondering what am I doing here."

"Well, I want to speak with you."

I nodded.

"So how was the date?" she asked.

"Yeah, it was ok, it wasn't bad and we, you know, you know, ummmm . . . yeah." I said, blushing. I don't know, but I can't say the word 'kiss' in front of Mrs. Manoban.

I bit my lips.

Mrs. Manoban laughed and you could see her left side dimple.

"Oh, you are so cute, I am so glad that you and Lisa are mates and I'm glad I picked up."

I blushed.

"Well, since the date went well, I have to reward you with something." She said.

I stayed quiet for a few minute, thinking what I want.

I have almost everything. They have money, they have food; they have almost everything.

I was about to answer her question when she said, "Maybe I should do this more often."

"No, no - I mean," I said, covering my mouth, blushing, "I mean, we good. I mean, we could date some more, but . . . you know, you don't have to waste you time on us. We're fine." I said, trying to make an excuse.