"Wow, that was easy." Beef said, giving a condescending smirk as the remaining man had a horrified expression on his face. "You didn't even shoot back!"

As they were talking, a flashy car that definitely cost way more money than it should have rolled into the parking lot.

It came to a gentle stop a few meters away from the fight scene. The door on the drivers side opened, and out came Doc, dressed in an all black suit with a manufactured smirk on his lips.

He walked over to Ren and the last remaining man, one hand in his suit pocket.

"Did you really think you could cross me?" He said, grit and anger in his voice.

"I'm actually glad you showed up. Ran out of men to do your dirty work for you?" He spat on the asphalt right by the mans face.

"I'd love to have my little pet here rip you to shreds," Doc scratched behind Ren's ear as he said this.

"But I actually have a message for you to deliver. I want you to go to your boss- and yes, I know who he is- and tell him The Doctor is coming for him." Doc's voice got dark as he said this, the glow of his mechanical eye increasing ever so slightly.

"Ye-Yessir!" The man fumbled, slowly crawling away from under Ren. He got up, tripping over his feet as he ran away. He didn't even hop in his car, he just ran and ran until he was far, far away.

Doc broke into a grin and scratched behind Ren's ear. "Good boy," he murmured.

The two then walked over towards the rest of the group, Ren staying as a werewolf just in case a few more unfriendlies showed up.

The hostage was a woman with Light blond hair and blue eyes. The first thing she did after her restraints were off was ask for her weapons, which Etho reached into the trunk of the car to provide.

"Thanks," she said and she sheathed her sword and holstered her gun. Yeah. She had a sword. Talk about badass.

"Where'd you get a dog this big?" She said curiously, reaching down to scratch Ren's head.

Ren backed up and turned back into his normal self, his ears flattened on his head.

"He didn't." Ren tutted, hands on his hips.

"Oh," the woman said, "my bad. I'm False."

"I'm Ren, pleasure." He nodded once before turning his attention to Doc.

"Where's my money?" Ren asked, sounding impatient.

"At the compound, but you have to wait for your friend before you can drive back." Doc responded, straightening out his suit.

"I'll be going. Ren? Mind coming along." He said as he turned starting to walk towards his car.

"Why?" Ren asked, curious and still bitter towards his ex.

"I want to talk." Doc said, like a parents who's kid was about to get in trouble.

Ren muttered something about trust before following Doc to his car.

Once they were situated in their proper seats, Doc tried to drum up conversation.

"You did well," he said. "I miss having you around."

Ren scoffed, leaning back and propping his feet up on the dashboard. "We both know you're incapable of missing anything."

"Maybe, and could you get your filthy sneakers off my 100,000$ car." Doc said, cursing in German under his breath as a car in front of him cut him off.

"Why?" Ren challenged. "You never minded me doing this when we were dating."

"When we were dating I didn't mind, but now I do." Doc countered.

"Too bad then," Ren said, crossing his arms over his chest and looking out the window to his side.

"God, the one thing I don't like about you is how childish you can be. Get your feet off my dashboard before I kick you to the curb and leave you for the cops." Doc growled, glaring at Ren in the corner of his eye.

"Oh, but you won't do that~" Ren said, putting his hands behind his head. "You want to know why?"

"Enlighten me." Doc muttered.

"Because you looooove me~!" Ren mocked, pursing his lips.

Doc slammed on the breaks and pulled over to the sid elf the road, grabbing Ren's collar with his mechanical arm and pulling him so their faces were inches apart.

"Listen here, you useless mutt, my patience with you is running thin. I don't know how I ever found your shit charming, but it stops here. Get your feet off my dashboard before I make you regret crossing me." Doc spoke in rapid fire, each one of his words hitting harder than the last.

Ren whimpered slightly in distress, flinching at every syllable.

Doc grinned. "That's right, you act all tough but you're still the bitch I found in that dump in South Africa."

That made Ren's eyes widen, and he looked like he was bracing himself for a hit.

"Sorry, that was uncalled for.." Doc said, suddenly realizing he may have gone too far.

He released his grip on Ren's shirt and started the car back up.

Ren took his feet off the dashboard, cupping his elbows and turning his attention away from Doc.

After a minute of tense silence, Doc spoke. "I'm sorry for cheating on you." He said. "I was drunk and-"

"Shit happens, I know. I'm over it." Ren's voice cracked a bit as he spoke.

"I shouldn't have brought that up," Doc said, real concern in his voice.

"It's not that," Ren shook his head. "I thought I had gotten over this, gotten over you.." he took a deep breath.

"Want to grab a drink? Some time?"

Doc barked out a laugh that sent shivers down Ren's spine. "I'm a busy man, but I'll see what I can do."

———

Short ending but yeah. What can I say, I'm a sucker for some rendoc.

I should also have something out later tonight or tomorrow. Stresskall stuff- which coincidentally I'm also a sucker for.

.>.

Love you guys <3

-yours, I need to give myself a proper name.