Chapter 3 - Missing Her

Oswald led Chris to his very own bedroom, where he would sleep every night. The rehab was literally a mansion, so they passed by countless other rooms. Oswald wanted to introduce Chris to the others, but Chris had seen enough for tonight, so sleep would be the best option for the night.

"Well, she was scary." Chris said whilst shaking.

"You'll get used to her eventually. Nearly everyone has by now, although I can't say the same about her music." Oswald said with a sigh. "I don't know what she sees in that music, it's too loud and metal for my liking. I wish she would take a page out of mine and Seb's books and listen to older rock like Queen."

"Queen? Like Freddie Mercury? Brian May?" Chris asked, getting a little excited.

"Yeah, you like them?" Oswald asked, a smile appearing on his face.

"Yeah! Well, my girlfriend did more than me, I haven't actually heard them since before she- y'know." Chris said with a frown.

"Well, I'm sure if you listen to them more, maybe it could bring you back to simpler times." Oswald smiled.

"I wish, if I were to listen to them now, I'd probably just burst into tears." Chris said as he looked at the floor in sadness. He watched the red designed carpet grow blurry as tears filled his eyes.

"Well, whatever you choose to do, make sure it's a healthy way of trying to forget her death. Don't try cutting yourself, that won't solve anything." Oswald said.

"I wouldn't plan on that."

Eventually, Oswald led Chris to his room. He opened the door and let Chris enter first. He was surprised by how homey his room actually felt. Although this definitely wasn't his apartment bedroom at all, he could take comfort in the fact that it looked like it belonged in an actual house.

"So, this is your room. This is where you'll be sleeping every night. Don't try sneaking into the girl's rooms at night, Evelyn is enough to deal with already."

"Evelyn?" Chris asked, tilting his head.

"Oh, you haven't met her yet. She's obsessed with serial killers, she tries sneaking into everyone's room at night hoping to, how do the kids put it, 'smash'?" Oswald explained.

"I don't think anyone has said that in years, but I see what you mean." Chris said.

"Oh, that's right!" Oswald lit up before reaching into his pocket and pulling out a cell phone. "Here, your new phone." Chris took the device from Oswald's hands and opened it. "You already have the numbers of everyone else in the rehab, I made sure to name them all for you. If you're ever in the mood to talk at all, be sure to text one of us. We're always available."

"D-do you think I'll ever get out of here?" Chris asked the sudden question.

Oswald's eyes shot open briefly before relaxing. He sighed before folding his arms and looking to the ground, looking almost like a disappointed parent. "No Chris, I'm afraid not. This is your home now."

"Oh..." Chris frowned.

"But hey," Oswald said before resting his hand on Chris' shoulder, "I'm here to give you a second chance at life. I'm here to make you as comfortable as need be, so long as you're within the rehab at all times."

"..." Chris didn't know how to respond. No words came to mind.

"Hold on, I have something for you. I'll be right back, stay here." Oswald said as he left Chris' room.

Chris took this brief moment to explore his room. It was an average sized room, with a bed in the corner of the room facing the door. A window was on the left side of the bed, where he had a view of the mountain they were currently on. He didn't realize they were on a mountain surrounded by a forest until now, and he enjoyed the view. In front of the window was a desk with an alarm clock on it, saying that the time was 11:23 PM. He was normally up this late, mostly watching scary movies with his girlfriend before bed. He was never into horror, that was always her thing, but he put on a brave face and watched them with her, even if he had to hide in her shoulder every time a jumpscare popped up.