Chapter 2 - Rehab

"Rehab... for Murderers?" Chris asked, raising an eyebrow in more confusion than concern.

"You heard me right, this is the Rehab for Murderers, where we believe murderers like yourself deserve a second chance." Oswald explained.

"I told you, I'm not a murderer." Chris growled, getting a little aggravated, something that rarely happened.

"Well, whether or not you want to maintain your innocence doesn't matter here. You're my patient now, and I'm going to help you get better." Oswald explained. "Come inside, I'll introduce you to the others."

"Others? Oh, please don't be a nightmare." Chris whined, knowing damn well he was entering a nightmare.

Oswald opened the front door of the rehab, which was literally a mansion, and clapped his hands twice as the lights turned on.

"Let's go meet the others, why don't we?" Oswald said.

"W-wait, don't bring me to them, they're murderers!" Chris shouted.

"And you're not?" Oswald asked.

Chris didn't like this Oswald guy already, he was rude, and like everyone else he knew minus James assumed he actually killed his girlfriend, his one and only. It's not like he could just fight him off and run away even if he wanted to, he had to admit that he'd prefer to be stuck in a mansion filled with murderers with only a small chance of being killed than go back to prison, where execution was inevitable. He just sighed before letting Oswald pull him around, meeting other patients at the rehab.

"Danny, let the others know about our new family member, I'll bring him around." Oswald said.

"..." Danny kept quiet as he simply threw up a peace sign with a smile and moon walked out of the room.

"Is he always so quiet?" Chris asked.

"Yeah, but wait until you meet Sebastian." Oswald said.

His first visit was with Charlie Zeen, whom he met at the bar. "No drinks for you Chris, you're underage." Oswald said before bringing him over to Charlie, who had a beer in hand. "Oh Charlie boy, I'd like you to meet the newest member of our family, meet Chris Duval." Oswald said as he pulled Chris in front of him and placed his hands on his shoulders as if he were a trophy or something.

"Oh, a new member of the family?" Charlie asked as he took a sip of his beer. "Want a drink?

"I just told him he's underage."

"Aww but Ozzy, we're already wanted criminals, what's the harm in a little underaged drinking?"

"My whole job is to rehabilitate you guys after you all murdered somebody, I can't exactly just allow an 18 year old boy to drink." Oswald explained.

"Ugh, always the goody two shoes aren't you Ozzy?" Charlie asked before taking another sip.

"I wanna go home." Chris said.

"This is your home now kid, come, sit down so we can chat and get to know each other." Charlie said as he patted his hand on the seat next to his.

Chris, scared out of his mind to be casually talking with a murderer, was reluctant to do so, but Oswald gently pushed him closer to the seat next to Charlie's, and Chris slowly took a seat next to him.

"So, how's the place so far?" Charlie asked, offering a handshake for Chris. Chris was hesitant, but he took Charlie's firm hand in his own.

"Umm, it's okay I guess." Chris hesitated to speak, scared to be talking with an actual murderer.