(Rude-)Awakening

Team Prime was elated to see Zucky all right, especially when Optimus said she was left in critical condition after her run-in with Knockout. Now all she needed to do was wake up. Not long after Ratchet made sure Optimus was safely disconnected from the Cortical Psychic Patch, did the Prime wake up.

When he sat up, Miko exploded into a victory cheer! "BOOYAH! ROCK ON, OPTIMUS!"

This caught the Prime off guard. Confused, he looked himself over and even put a servo on his helm, as if he was looking for something... "Where?" He asked.

The girl's little party was instantly deflated, as she facepalmed herself. The other humans sniggered, but before Miko could get started on them, they heard how Zucky was finally starting to stir awake. {"Hey, she's waking up."} Raf whispered as he tried to get everyone's attention, so not to startle her.

The dragon had yawned long and stretched a bit before she even opened her eyes. She carefully opened them, because it's been a while since she's done that, in the real world at least. As she fluttered her eyes open to help them focus better, Jack had noticed something odd in her eyes, though.

{"Did you guys...see that?"} He whispered. He could have sworn her eyes were in an unusual combination of shades of green.

"See what, Jack?" Nurse Darby asked.

"Look." The young man pointed at Zucky's eyes. She had blinked a couple of times before she fully opened them. This time the nurse did see them. Once the dragon stopped blinking and had them open normally, they were the usual normal colors that they always knew her for having.

Zucky tried sitting up after her vision was back to 100% and she finally realized she wasn't alone in the room. "Oh, Hi every- OOF!" The dragon got tackled by Miko who grabbed hold of her and didn't want to let go.

The girl was trembling a little bit and Zucky hugged her back. Miko was crying but played it off as much as she could, but her body betrayed her in that department. She didn't have to say anything, but somehow Zucky knew she had blamed herself for what happened.

"Heh, yeah...I missed you guys too, by the way." The dragon chuckled and waved at them as she was still being held captive. She was trying to cover for Miko until she pulled herself together.

"What? Didn't bring us any souvenirs?" Arcee jokes.

"Nah, the place wasn't too great either, to begin with; service was atrocious! 0/5 Stars. Would not recommend it as a vacation destination." Zucky ran with the joke.

The others laughed, glad to hear Zucky was not traumatized, as far as they could tell. Optimus cocked an optical ridge, since he didn't get the joke at all, and Zucky made a mental note to explain it to him later, then Miko finally let go.

"Hey, I can finally have my body back! Oh, Never mind!" It was Raf's turn."Guy's I'm not going anywhere!" Zucky chuckled.

"But you were gone way too long." Jack answered.

"You had us all very worried." June chimed in.

"I noticed..." The dragon answered sheepishly. "Sorry about that..." Her ears drooped. She just noticed that was a crazy stupid stunt she did back there. ["But if I didn't do it...would Raf have gone through the same thing I did just now?"]

["That was a pretty messed up experience! And besides living with mental scars for the rest of your life, all that energon discharge; I don't think he would have survived that..."] Zucky looked at the boy.

"Thank you for saving my life Zucky." He croaked. "I don't think I can ever pay you back for that one..."

["I've saved more than just one life, dude... If I didn't do what I just did, not only would the Autobot secret be out but who knows what humanity would have done to the bots after that, cause I doubt even Agent Fowler would be able to cover that one up."] She picked up the yellow toy car.