Chapter Thirty Three: An Old Friend

Waves are crashing against rocks and washing over the beach. Men are pulling Jon Snow's boat onto shore. Jon and Davos are walking onto the beach towards Tyrion, Missandi and Dothraki guards. Dragonstone can be seen in the distance.

"The bastard of Winterfell," Tyrion cheers.

"The dwarf of Casterly Rock," Jon replied. Tyrion and Jon both stare at each for a moment, then break into a smile. They step forward and shake hands.

"I believe we last saw each other on top of the wall," Tyrion starts the conversation.

"You were pissing off the edge if I remember right. You picked up some scars along the road," Jon points out. Tyrion nods his head in agreement.

"It's been a long road. But we're both still here," Tyrion turns to address Davos. "I'm Tyrion Lannister," Tyrion starts.

"Davos Seaworth," He and Tyrion shake hands.

"Ah, the Onion Knight. We fought on opposite sides at the Battle of Blackwater Bay,"

"Unluckily for me," Davos chuckles with Tyrion. He then steps aside so they can fully see Missandi.

"Missandi is the queen's most trusted advisor," Tyrion introduces.

"Welcome to Dragonstone. Our queen and princess know this is a long journey. They appreciate the effort you have made on their behalf. If you wouldn't mind handing over your weapons," Jon looks at Davos and his men.

"Of course," Jon smiles. The Dothraki guard moves to take the weapons. Jon unties his sword and hands it over. The Dothraki pick up his boat and begin to carry it away.

"Please, this way," Davos begins walking with Missandi and Tyrion. Jon is following a few steps behind, taking in the beauty on the place.

"Where are you from? I can't place the accent," Davos asks Missandi.

"I was born on the Island of Naarth," She replies.

"Ah. I hear it's beautiful down there. Palm trees and butterflies. I haven't been myself," Missandi nods and Davos slows his pace to talk with Jon. "This place has changed," The group are making their way up to Dragonstone along a narrow stone pathway built into the cliffs leading to the castle. Tyrion begins speaking to Jon.

"And Sansa, I hear she's alive and well,"

"She is,"

"Does she miss me terribly?" Tyrion chuckles. Jon looks at him and doesn't say anything. "A sham marriage and unconsummated,"

"I didn't ask..."

"Well, it was. It wasn't. Anyway, she's much smarter than she lets on," Tyrion interrupts.

"She's starting to let on,"

"Good. At some point, I want to hear how a Night's Watch recruit became King in the North," Tyrion raises a brow.

"As long as you tell me how a Lannister became Hand to Daenerys Targaryen,"

"A long and bloody tale. To be honest, I was drunk for most of it," Tyrion chuckles.

"My bannermen think I'm a fool for coming here," Jon says.

"Of course they do. If I was your hand I would have advised against it. The general rule of thumb, Stark men don't fare well when they travel south," Tyrion states.

"True. But I'm not a Stark," Suddenly, a loud roar is heard from overhead. Jon and Davos dive to the ground. Viserion flies over them turns and flies over the castle. Jon and Davos look at each other in astonishment. Davos looks back to Missandi who is still standing and smirking. Tyrion walks over and helps Jon up to his feet.