Chapter Eight: Burn Them All

"What could've melted stone?"

"Dragon fire," Riva answered Brienne's question. She looked slightly shocked and then got closer to Riva's horse.

"Harrenhall was prepared for any armies coming their way, their army was the biggest. They were ready for any land attacks," Brienne stated. Riva continued to look at the broken towers of Harrenhall.

"But they weren't prepared for any sky attacks," Riva finished. Brienne nodded and trotted away. Thinking she was alone, she thought out loud. "Well done dad," She mumbled before she also joined the party heading into Harrenhall. She found Shadow being put into a stable and followed. Once they entered Harrenhall's territory, their horses were allowed to roam free. Riva pulled her horse besides Shadow before she dismounted her horse and she instantly cuffed by Locke. Jaime was pulled off the horse and was dragged by Joseph through the narrow streets of Harrenhall. Riva's leather boots sunk deeply into the runny mud the trickle throughout this place. She examined her surroundings and saw how corrupt the towers were. The sky was a chalky grey and thick, green moss covered the grey bricks of what remained of the towers. She saw heads on spikes scattered throughout the muddy castle and fresh blood staining the walls and terrain. She looked behind her and saw men offloading Shadow; all her belongings were being chucked around before dragged through the sticky and thick mud. She sighed and continued to walk through Harrenhall. She then saw a lady standing in the shadows; she was dress in a thick crimson dress and had long red hair. She had pearly green eyes and her lips were the colour of blood. No mud-stained her beautiful pale complexion. Riva squinted her eyes and walked over to her. "Who are you?" She asked. The woman smiled warmly at Riva.

"Valar Morghulis," She spoke in a nice, caring voice before walking away. Riva looked so confused.

"Hey! Come back!" But the strange woman already walked away into the depths of the shadows.

"Get back here you whore!" Joseph snapped, picking up Riva and carrying her back to the party before harshly dropping her. She stumbled around and sent Joseph a dirty glare. Her face was barely noticeable now. Her hair was dripping with thick mud. Flies buzzed around her. Joseph rolled his eyes and Riva spat in his face. Salvia and mud flew out of her mouth and into his porky face. He growled before swiping Riva across the face. She wavered around a bit but remained standing she smirked at his shock before she ran back to the front, laughing. Once they entered the gates of Harrenhall's castle, warmth covered everyone. Riva smiled as the warmth wrapped around her like a blanket. They were all brought up to Lord Bolton.

"Down! On your knees," Locke shouted, pushing all three on their knees. Riva felt her knees tear at the impact of the marble floor underneath here. "Lord Bolton, I give you the Kingslayer," He introduces proudly.

"Pick him up, Locke," Lord Bolton said, leaning back on his chair, carefully examining Jaime as Locke pulled him up. "You've lost a hand," He commented.

"No, my Lord it is here," Locke said; he seemed more nervous around Lord Bolton. Locke plucked Jaime's right hand from his neck and presented it to Lord Bolton. "Take this away," Lord Bolton said angrily passing it to one of the guards.

"Send it to his father?" Locke expressed with amusement lacing his words. Lord Bolton gave him a dirty look.

"You'll hold your tongue unless you want to lose it," He snapped. Locke gulped down his fear and stepped back. Lord Bolton looked at Riva and Brienne. "Cut them free," He said. Two Bolton guards cut the girls free. Riva twists her wrist around and clicked them, she cracked her neck and rolled her shoulder before she stood up. "Apologies, my Ladies," He said, noticing how poorly treated the girls has been treated. "You're under my protection now," He continued, standing up from his seat. Brienne and Riva share looks of joy. "Thank you, my lord," Brienne responded, bowing. Riva also bowed. "Find suitable rooms for our guests. We'll speak later," He commanded. Two guards started to escort Riva and Brienne to their rooms, but Riva told them to leave her with Jaime. "Lord Bolton. Is there word from the capital?" Jaime asked. Lord Bolton looked between Jaime and Riva.