Holocron

Seven years later

"I could use a little help over here, Ben!" I sarcastically announced as I took on four men at once. Master Luke had assigned us on a mission to retrieve a holocron from an ancient Jedi temple. It was supposed to be an easy mission. However, we didn't plan for squatters. Who had found ancient sabers to be there.

"I'm a little busy!" my fifteen year old cousin barked. I rolled my eyes continuing to block the attacks from the men. I held my hand out and threw one to the wall with the force. A man charged at me with a blue saber. I swung my purple lightsaber in the air before blocking his attack. I spun around on the other side while another man made his way. My back was facing both of them. I stepped on ones foot and head butted the other. The men groaned in pain. I quickly spun back around and kicked one down before raising my hand up and throwing the other back into the same wall as the first attacker. Another hobo jumped up and attempted to go for my arm. I quickly sliced my lightsaber across his stomach causing him to scream out in pain before falling to the ground. I looked behind me to see Ben take out the last of his men. I breathed heavily walking in his direction.

"I hate this." He sighed breathing as hard as me.

"Tell me about it." I laughed still out of breath. The two of us walked farther into the temple, holding our sabers up as a light.

"What are we looking for again?" Ben whispered watching his surroundings.

"A holocron." I whispered back. I didn't know why we were even whispering.

"What's that?" He asked back.

"A box, that's all you need to look for." My eyes widened when a screaming figure ran straight towards me. I yelped in fear as the person tackled me to ground. My lightsaber flew out of  my hands I brought my hands to my face, as the person attempted to claw at me. I felt relief when they were pulled off of me. I laid on the ground for a minute, taking deep breaths to calm my nerves. I slowly sat up to see Ben's hand reach out while my attackers floated in the air. It was a Lasat a large purple creature who was angry. I thought they were all extinct?

"What are you doing here?" I asked standing up from the ground.

"I live here." The creature grumbled, attempting to free himself from the force hold.

"Have you seen this?" I asked holding a hologram of a holocron. The Lasat squinted his eyes examining the image.

"Answer the question!" Ben threatened, his grip on the creature growing stronger.

"Ben." I warned, causing him to relax.

"Down that hall. I've seen it." The Lasat answered with puff.

"Take us." Ben ordered with a glare. He released the Lasat and allowed him to walk. I stuck my hand out as mr weapon shot back into my grip. We slowly walked behind the creature. He led us down a dark corridor. We entered a large empty room, well almost empty. In the middle stood a single table with the holocron on it. The Lasat stepped aside and allowed Ben to grab the holocron. He examined it in his hand. I looked up and noticed the Lasat creeping up in Ben, claws out. Ready for the kill.

"Ben!" I shouted before throwing my hand up and shoving my cousin to the side with the force. With my free hand I held my lightsaber and sliced the Lasat stomach, causing him to fall to the ground with a thud. Ben looked to the dead Lasat then me with an unreadable look.

"Your welcome?" I raised an eyebrow looking to my cousin.

"I could have handled that." Ben countered.

"Yeah okay." I teased with sarcasm.

"How do you open it?" Ben as looking over the cube.

"I don't know." I shrugged taking it into my hand. I looked over the clear device with bewilderment.

"Here, what if?" Ben suggested taking it back. He held the cube out and closed his eyes. With he free hand, he slowly moved over it. The device clicking in response. The two of us watched while the holocron opened.

"Hello." A bearded man spoke with an accent. Similar to mine. I knew who it was instantly.

"I am Master Kenobi. I will be demonstrating the proper form for Soresu." He announced with a polite nod of his head. I watched in awe as my father held up a blue lightsaber. He began to slowly demonstrate his arm movements. I didn't pay too much attention to his words, but to his appearance. Ben and I watched silently as my father explained his techniques. The stories I had heard about him were fascinating. He was a respectable opponent on the battle field. But a Kind and gentle man. He was humbled yet confident. My mother on the other hand was a fierce warrior who took pride in her skills. She was cocky yet passionate about her abilities. Ahsoka had told me. But at the end of the day, her friends were what she was fighting for. My parents were polar opposite. I found it comical.

"The movement of your wrist is crucial when in battle. With full movement and the guide of the force you will be able to overpower your enemy." My father explained. He slowly demonstrated the movement before a dark haired boy entered the frame with a blue lightsaber. I recognized him to be Anakin my uncle, and Ben's grandfather. The two of us watched while they demonstrated the attack. Once they were finished demonstrating Anakin stepped besides my father with a small smile.

"You may decide to use your own technique but remembering the basics will always help, may the force be with you." He nodded with a small smile before the image faded.