Chapter Six: Crumble or Prosper, Which Will it Be

PERCY

A few days have passed and now I am at the Empire State Building, about to steal a keycard to get in the elevator.

I step through the doors and freeze time and go behind the desk and take the card. I step into the elevator and once the doors close, time resumes as it was. I frown when I listen to the awful music.

"They have terrible taste in music. Play some rock or something, damn."

The elevator beeps and the door opens and I take a slow step forward and stay close to the shadows.

"You say you don't know the boy?"

"No, I don't. Artemis says he looks like me but I haven't had any children."

"Well he can't be a child of the other gods."

"Then whose child is he? He's a demigod because he got through the barrier."

The voices fade away and I take a peak into the hall to see two males, deep in conversation. I look around before I find huge doors and shadow-travel to the other side.

Inside are twelve thrones and I take a slow step towards them. I spot a rod leaning against one of the thrones and quickly run to it.

I reach out my hand but quickly retract it. Gods aren't allowed to take another god's symbol of power. What if the firecracker thinks I'm a god? I begin internally panicking because I'm not a god but the gods are my siblings.

I say just fuck it and breathe out a sigh of relief when my fingers curl around the lightning rod.

"Thanks for not calling me a god, Mr. Rod." I let out a small laugh. "That rhymed." I take off my blue back pack and stuff the rod into it and shadow-travel to the elevator. I quickly press the button and lean on the elevator wall.

"I thought I was gonna get caught." I let out a breath of air. Once the elevators opened I stepped out the building and went into a dark alley. I shadow-travelled to Camp Half-Blood and walked into the Hermes cabin. I thanked Chaos that everyone was still asleep and put my bag into the trunk.

I change into some more comfortable clothes and I lay down in my bed and let sleep overtake me.

~~~~~~~

I was being shaken awake and I turned over in my bed.

"Five more minutes."

I heard a laugh. "Perseus, it's time for breakfast. Get up."

I groan and slowly open my eyes to be met with bright blue ones.

"You're a terrible husband, Luke. You should let me sleep."

He rolled his eyes. "I'm great and you know it. Now get up. I'm hungry."

I sat up in my bed and stretched out my arms. I walked over to the bathroom and took a quick shower.

I stepped out and brushed my teeth. I didn't even try to brush my hair and instead just dried it with a towel. I open the door and Luke is waiting patiently on my bed. He grins at me and stands up.

"Ready?"

"I'd rather sleep, but yeah."

Luke nods and we make our way to the dining pavilion.

We sit down at the Hermes table and begin eating breakfast.

"I love pancakes. They're like fluffy cakes filled with goodness." I mumbled as I put another piece in my mouth.

Luke let out a tiny laugh and shook his head at me. Suddenly bright flashes of light appeared and everyone covered their eyes.

Well everyone except me. "Perseus close your eyes."