I got in the car and she was already there listening to music. She has pretty good taste. As soon as I closed the door she shot daggers at me. "Woah, woah, woah, easy I'm just waiting on Maverick to get out of practice"

"Why? aren't you on the team?" Her voice was sharp yet confused.

"Yeah" I answer bluntly.

"Why aren't you at practice?"

"I'm injured, I sprained my ankle"

"Shouldn't you still be at practice? You are the captain,right?" She's nosy, annoying and she hates me. Great what's not to hate about her.

"Yeah I just got in a huge fight with my dad. That's why I crashed at Maverick's and snapped at him at lunch."

"Oh I'm sorry" and there's the pity. I really hate her.

"Nah don't be, Dad deserved it"

"What happened?"

"Well he was regretting his decision he made,a long time ago, between his career and future family?"

"Oh wow" you're telling me?

"Yeah it's okay though, I'm sure we'll straighten it out" I said trying to be optimistic.

"I hope you do" she looked away and started on her homework. She's also a nerd.
***
Maverick finally got out of the locker room. "Dude we need to hurry before my dad-"

"Hey son can I talk to you for a minute?"

"Hey dad, sorry I can't talk right now Maverick's in a hurry to get Aria here home" I said pointing to Maverick's truck.

"No I'm-" I elbowed him in the gut. "I mean yeah we have to get her home. Her parents are waiting on us." We got in the truck and drove off, leaving my dad standing there with a confused look on his face.
***
"Hey dude, can we go to sonic?" I asked.

"No"

"Why not?"

"Because I said so"

"Can we Please Maverick?" Aria asked. That was unexpected.

"No"

"Please, Please, Please?" I begged.

"Yeah, pretty pwease?"Aria said, giving him puppy dog eyes. I watched in astonishment.

"No, not the puppy dog eyes," Maverick complained. She made her eyes even bigger.

"Pwease Maverick" she asked in a sweet voice and her puppy dog eyes. He put the blinker on and me and Aria started happy dancing. She may be nosy and annoying as hell but damn she's useful.

We got our drinks and snacks and headed to Maverick's house. I thought she had to get home.

"No, her parents are coming for dinner" Maverick said. Oh I guess I said that out loud.

"Ok, well I got to get home to get my stuff before my dad comes home. I'll see you later. Don't start dinner without me."

"I don't think mom would ever do that" he laughed.

"Mrs.Thompson I'm going home real quick. Is it still okay if I stay here tonight again?"

"Of course it's okay you're like a second son to me. You know Aria and her parents are staying for dinner?" She asked.

"Yes ma'am"

"Okay but you know you have to make up with your father eventually, right?"

"Yes ma'am"

"You can come to me when you need someone to talk to and give you advice" she hugged me tight. She's so caring and I love her.

"Okay," I confirmed and walked out the door.
***
Thankfully when I walk in my house, my grandma is sleeping and I don't have to talk to her. She hates when dad and I fight. I don't think they've gotten this big before.

I grab a duffle bag and fill it with a week's worth of clothes. I grab everything else I need and zip it up. On the way to the front door I stubbed my toe on the door frame of my room. I screamed in pain and fell to the ground. There's nothing worse than stubbing your toe. I get back up hoping I didn't wake my grandma.

"Adrien Honey is that you?" She asked groggily from her bedroom door.

"Yes Granny Em it's me but I was just leaving" I explained.

"Why do you have a bag?"

"It's for...football" I lied. "Oh and by the way I'm going to Maverick's for dinner and gonna be there a while after so don't wait up"

"Okay honey have fun" she said bringing me into a hug and kissing my head.

"Thanks Granny Em"
***