The Scars

Cries because this is such a sad gif and Loki is about to cry and that's gonna make me cry~~~Trigger: self harm and slight gore

Trigger: self harm and slight gore.
This chapter is all flashbacks, but I promise next chapter has some Peter Loki bonding. Sorry if it's a little rushed, the chapter was getting really long and I didn't want to make a two parter.
I feel terrible writing this chapter, but hey, I'm an evil fanfic writer. It's a little longer, so sorry!

When Loki was a child, he didn't have many friends. He didn't have friends. He had a friend. That was Thor.

Thor, of course, had lots of friends, because he was the golden child. Loki never understood that, because Thor really wasn't a perfect child. Loki always did what he was told, wore the stupid, itchy clothes with no complaint, kept up with his studies, and at least always attempted to win at one on one combat. But his mistakes always seemed to out way all of the good things he did. It was the opposite for Thor.

Thor never listened, always threw a fit and struggled when getting dressed, and hadn't studied for decades (literally). But Thor was a good warrior, and apparently that's all that mattered. Dumb.

Of course Loki was envious, who in their right mind wouldn't be? But of course, he still loved Thor. Loki just wished Odin would give Loki more positive attention. At least Frigga cared. The day she started to teach Loki magic was, well, magical.

But, on the topic of friends, Loki didn't really have any. There were Thor's friends. Well, Loki and Thor's friends were more acquaintances. But whenever Thor, the warriors three, and Sif were out on adventures Loki wanted to join. Most of the times he couldn't, but that didn't stop Loki from asking. So occasionally Thor and his friends would allow Loki in on the fun. But one particular time didn't turn out so well.

Sif had been looking all over for Thor, her legs starting to burn from all of the running and stair climbing she had been doing. Finally, the young warrior had found Thor in the garden. "Thor! Come on, Fandral has found something!" Sif had urged, grabbing Thor's arm, not giving him any time to protest and ran off.

Loki had been in his room, reading, when he overheard Sif speaking with Thor. He peeked his head out of his room just in time to see Sif and Thor running off. So, naturally, Loki ran after them.

Thor hadn't had much time to process what Sif had said. But was immediately excited and was soon running with her. The two had run to the training areas where Fandral, Hogan, and Volstagg were standing around the weaponry. One of the shelves held an arrangement of swords, arrows, helmets, etc. Loki ducked behind another shelf, only peaking his head out slightly.

"What is it?" Thor questioned.

"I don't know, but it doesn't look good." Hogan warned.

"Well? Pick it up!" Fandral told Thor, who looked at his friend like he was mad. What the group was looking at was an egg, or so they thought. It looked metallic and scaly. Thor certainly didn't want to touch it. Loki stuck his head out slightly more, just so he could take a look at what the group was fussing about. Apparently it was to much, and Sif caught sight of the young mischief maker.