EB 39: Where He's Being Earned

Endless Bonds Copyright © 2020 xXMopelXx All Rights Reserved.

Chapter Posted - April 4, 2020

Still going strong in this isolation, Bees? We got this! Has anyone taken up a new hobby? I've tried gluten free baking and it's tough lol 

 I hope you enjoy this chapter, it's a long one <3 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

T R E N T 

:: Chapter (39) :: Where he's being earned

November 20th 

"Would you rather skydive or bungee-jump?" Jared asks when he jumps in the couch next to me. He's nursing a beer and a bowl of popcorn.

Since I'm avoiding alcohol, I grab the bowl of popcorn from him. "Skydiving. With an instructor of course. You?"

"None."

"Then why the fuck did you ask me?"

"Because Oli asked me, and I told him he's crazy. That's what he wants us to do for his birthday in the summer."

"I'm down for skydiving," I say, then joke, "I forgot you're a scaredy-cat."

He has the audacity to kick me. "Fuck off, man. I'm not down to die young."

I kick him back.

Two soft yet rapid knocks resound against our front door.

"Did you invite anyone?" Jared asks with a quizzical brow.

I shake my head. "No."

"Go check. I'm too comfortable." Jared settles against the pillows and lounges lazily like he's a king and I'm his servant.

I shoot a pillow at his face before getting up, too tired to argue with him.

When I check through the peephole, there is no one. "Is this some sort of prank? Did Oliver say he was passing by?"

Alarmed, Jared sits up straight and runs his palm over his head. "No. You sure there's no one?"

Very gently, I pry open the door, as if I'm waiting for an axe murderer to jump at me. Confirmed, there is no one there. Just an empty lobby that's eerily quiet.

Glancing down, I notice there's a basket with something wrapped in cloth. A small card lays a top it.

"Jared..." I say warningly.

"What?"

"There's a suspicious looking basket over here."

"Does it look like it's carrying a bomb?"

"No."

"A baby?"

"Why would someone leave us a child? No."

"Then why the fuck are you freaking out. Pick it up."

Swallowing rough, I bend down to pluck the envelope. It's a letter.

Addressed to me in feminine writing. Trenton.

Cursing, I bring the basket inside and into the kitchen. Jared follows me like a hawk, nervously tugging at his white tee.

When I remove the cloth, there's a stack of what seems to be two dozen peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, cut in perfectly neat triangles.

Okay. Now I'm flabbergasted.