EB 31: Where He's About To Entertain Her

Endless Bonds Copyright © 2016-2019 xXMopelXx All Rights Reserved.

Chapter posted - August 18, 2019

Happy Reading, babes! Maybe Vote and Comment if you're still reading? x

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

T R E N T 

:: Chapter (31) :: Where he's about to entertain her

I'm about to shove a spoonful of oatmeal into my mouth – my pathetic excuse of a dinner because I'm too lazy to cook a proper meal – when my phone illuminates with a text message from Oliver.

Leaving in ten 2 pick u up. – Oli

Tonight, Inga is hosting an early Halloween party in her penthouse. It's really just an excuse for everyone to get shitfaced but since most of my friends are going, I got roped into doing the same.

Before I can answer Oli, Teagan saunters into the kitchen, her face a little swollen and streaked from a nap.

Instantly, I open my arm and she fits herself against me.

"How are you feeling?" I ask, rubbing her upper arm. She takes a seat next to me on the island counter.

Teagan texted me last night that she landed in Vancouver for the weekend. Spontaneously. And, of course, my offer still stood – she could room with us as long as she needed, too.

"I'm okay, thanks," she murmurs absentmindedly, staring at my disgusting oatmeal.

"Is there anything you want to eat? I'm not the greatest cook, but..."

She smiles, and it brings a bit of color to her pale face. "It's fine. I'll help myself to some water and a waffle, if you don't mind? I saw some in your freezer last night."

I inhale a few more bites of gooey oatmeal. "Those are Wyatt's, but I won't tell him."

She moves around the kitchen with a quietness that's almost freaky. She makes no noise even when she picks up a plate. You hear no sounds when she's searching for utensils in the kitchen drawers. It's weird.

I wonder if it's a new habit she's picked up – wander about in absolute eerie silence.

"So why the blond?" I wonder out loud. Teagan had thick russet waves. She looks good either way with the new dye job, but I'm trying to make conversation. "Just needed a new change?"

"Something like that," she says, her voice low and with that same indifferent quality.

When she turns around, I spot a delicate gold necklace clasped around her neck. It glints in the light.

Tee gently reaches up to grasp the locket after she's put her waffles in the toaster. "It belonged to my grandmother. Silly really, but this way I feel like she's with me."

"It's not silly at all, Tee."

Teagan looks like she's going to cry. She's got a sheen coat of moisture covering her eyes and, honest to God, I don't know what to say if she cries. She barely wants to talk about her unborn child – which I totally understand – and she refuses to give me the name of the guy who knocked her up. So, I can only give her my silent understanding and shoulder to lean on.

I try not to panic as I watched her slowly crumble in front of me, before picking herself back up.

She's like a pro, plucking away the pain-stricken expression and replacing it with something more presentable, something more bearable like blankness.